Options

Apple Patent Aims to Shut Down iPhone Camera Recording in Venues

NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
New I phone camera may shut off-Not cool!

Your iPhone is there when you need it: whether you’re lost and looking up directions, trying to find a nearby restaurant, or just want to film your favorite band performing in concert. But enjoy that last experience while you can, because your phone may someday know to shut its camera down when used in venues for events like music and sports.

Apple Patent Aims to Shut Down iPhone Camera Recording in Venues
When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
American inventor

Comments

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Great. Another bullet point for my "Why I hate Apple" list.
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    Great. Another bullet point for my "Why I hate Apple" list.

Yeah, that is ridiculous. Why should Apple care if people use their phone to take pictures at a concert? Everybody elses phone can.

The only think I can think of is if they are going to get in the business of selling these sensors to areanas to bad their pocket books. A fine plan to sell off your customers rights to make a quick buck.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    XcluzivXcluziv Member Posts: 513 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm guessing alot of uploads from different events have been upload on social media outlets and Apple is trying to put a end to this.....welp....Android to the rescue icon_cheers.gif

....and Apple strikes again
    LINKED | GTECH | NOTHINGBUTSHAREPOINT - BLOG AUTHOR

"TRY NOT. DO. OR DO NOT. THERE IS NO TRY" - Yoda

• Options
    Asif DaslAsif Dasl Member Posts: 2,116 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I actually hate watching that stuff that people record with their iPhone. "Look I was at a concert last night, have a look" <sarcasm> Oh, wonderful! </sarcasm>

But agreed it's non of Apples business when an android could record it.
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Xcluziv wrote: »
    I'm guessing alot of uploads from different events have been upload on social media outlets and Apple is trying to put a end to this

This is true, but why does Apple care? So their customers are benefiting from the purchase of their overpriced technology.
    Asif Dasl wrote: »
    I actually hate watching that stuff that people record with their iPhone. "Look I was at a concert last night, have a look" <sarcasm> Oh, wonderful! </sarcasm>

But agreed it's non of Apples business when an android could record it.
    I do too, especially videos where people are loud and you can't even here the song.

But who doesn't like taking a picture of their favorite artist for their collection. Or even to take a picture with their best friend for memories? You've spent good money to attend, might as well get the most for it. Most concerts don't even police this anymore. They used to have strict restrictions on cameras, video recorders, and even camera phones when they were first coming out. Now that there is a camera on every phone and 99% of people have a phone, they have given this up. Every concert I've been to I've seen somebody whip out a digital camcorder and start recording. All apple is doing is telling people to go buy a different product that isn't going to restrict them.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    If you want to take videos or photos with your phone switch to the new Nokia N9 which has an awesome camera and runs on a Linux based OS. Will probably have a short life as a similar model running Windows is coming up as well. So, whether you hate Apple or just don't like Androids (Apple seems to cause stronger emotions) there will be a great Linux and Windows phone soon. icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Did anybody read the patent page? "could" be used by external parties to block recording. "could" is the word here because the other uses like museum tours was the probable other use. If I am reading it correctly it's design was more for third party vendors who want to add phone like enhancements. Like automated museum tours.

Another feature was security, mobile phones are a security issue. You setup your infrared device in certain areas to block industrial espionage from corporate spies trying to steal information with their phones.

Sounds like the freaking out over gps being built into phones. Plenty of apps on the iPhone and android market relay information without properly notifying you. The abuse here seems to be from third parties not the manufacturer of the phone.