Options

Question about CPE's...

bdoub1eubdoub1eu Registered Users Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Would a lunch meeting from Dell or Symantec or some other large company referencing security and their products be able to be used as a CPE credit? I thought I read somewhere that sales pitches wouldn't count as CPE credits but if they're talking about security or something in the CBK domains, why wouldn't it count?

Also, I've read you have to have 80 credits for Type A and 40 from Type B but I've heard that you can have up to 40 for Type B and that all of your credits can come from Type A.

Is that true?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    When you submit your CPEs on the isc2.org Web site, there are drop-down lists of the categories to select for the CPEs you are submitting (Group A, Group B, and each of the ten CISSP CBK domains). There are also subcategories for Group A and B CPEs. If "Meeting with Security Product Vendor," or "Attended Security Product Sales Presentation," is on the Group A or B subcategory list, go for it.
  • Options
    colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    bdoub1eu wrote: »
    Would a lunch meeting from Dell or Symantec or some other large company referencing security and their products be able to be used as a CPE credit? I thought I read somewhere that sales pitches wouldn't count as CPE credits but if they're talking about security or something in the CBK domains, why wouldn't it count?

Also, I've read you have to have 80 credits for Type A and 40 from Type B but I've heard that you can have up to 40 for Type B and that all of your credits can come from Type A.

Is that true?

Thanks in advance!

I am not following the second question you asked, but I think I know what you mean - you can have have all Type A credits, there is no requirement to have any Type B credits. The only mandatory item is 20/year from Type A, but you have to have 80 in a 3 year period (meaning at least one year, you must have more than 20), and 120 total (both types) in the 3 year period.

Hope that helps.
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed