70-686 scheduled for Sunday - any advice?

Todd BurrellTodd Burrell Member Posts: 280
I have scheduled the 70-686 for Sunday morning (nice 7 day location). I've run through the Gibson and MS Press books along with the MS Press CD questions and Selftest questions. I also have all of my 70-680 notes.

I just figured I'd ask if anyone has some advice about this test? I've not seen too many comments about this exam on this site (besides saying it is HARD), so I figured I would ask? It looks like 686 is more about deployment and maintaining systems than anything else?

Thanks

Comments

• EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Havent got any advice for you Todd, but from what people say this one should be a walk in the park compared to the 647. Besides you know your stuff and I bet $20 (I'm a tightarse I know!) you are going to smash it! Good luck and let us know how you go!
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Jander1023Jander1023 Member Posts: 160
    I passed this exam earlier this month. Was very tough. I failed it twice before finally passing, although just barely failed each time. (1 and 2 questions.)

IMO, many of the questions are worded very poorly and the scenarios are very vague. I was less tired the third time and spent much more time re-reading all my "marked for review" questions. Of all the Microsoft exams I've taken, this one is the most tricky. I felt the most confident about the material going into the exam but the most confused during it!

My toughest area each time was application deployment. I have a pretty solid understanding of application deployment, having passed the 640, 642 and 646 recently. However, this was the area where the poorly worded questions made choosing the correct answer very difficult. Again, make sure you read the entire question. If you aren't sure, mark it for review and come back to it. They give you plenty of time.