CCNA Preperation

sina2011sina2011 Member Posts: 239 ■□□□□□□□□□
hey guys

I want to get into Cisco Side of things after I finish the exchange 2010 and I came across this website Cisco CCNA 3 Router & 3 Switch Lab Kit!

does anybody think this is package is good for the preperation?? and if anyone has purchased what do they think of it?.

Thanks.

Comments

• cvuong1984cvuong1984 Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You can either go with

Software based
    Packet Tracer or GNS3.

In terms of hardware, i would look around ebay. You can get deals better then that IMO.
    X
  • sina2011sina2011 Member Posts: 239 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hey thanks for your reply cvuong

but the link that I gave you thats the correct equipment right?

Im sorry im just new to cisco stuff so I just want to get it right instead of running around in circles.

Really appreciate it.

Thanks.
  • sina2011sina2011 Member Posts: 239 ■□□□□□□□□□
    also i forgot to add in about packet tracer isnt it neccessary to use real routers ? or am I wrong?
  • alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    sina2011 wrote: »
    hey guys

I want to get into Cisco Side of things after I finish the exchange 2010 and I came across this website Cisco CCNA 3 Router & 3 Switch Lab Kit!

does anybody think this is package is good for the preperation?? and if anyone has purchased what do they think of it?.

Thanks.

This equipment would get you through the CCNA, but that's about all it's going to be good for. And you could put together a lab that is twice as good as that for less than half of the cost. The routers and switches included in that kit can be found for $25 each or even less. That's why we recommend staying away from the prebuilt lab kits. Always overpriced and under equipped. Besides that, researching what equipment will get you the best bang for the buck and ensuring that you get configurations is a big part of the learning process.

I also like the link to Free CCNA Workbook that was given earlier. Packet Tracer is good too, but it's only legally available to Cisco Networking Academy students and alumni. Bit neither of those options will solve the "I've never touched a real router before" problem so there's still something to be said for a home lab, even if it's a modest home lab. But if you have some experience working with routers and switches then that's probably not going to matter much for you,