Options

Oracle's Deadline for some certifications extended

I am in the process of studying for the Solaris System Administration certification. Any pointers would be appreciated. I have finished reading Bill Calkins Exam Prep Solaris 10 System Administration Part I and have started PArt II. I saw this on the ORacle site today:

Oracle University Select country

Comments

• Options
    qwertyiopqwertyiop Member Posts: 725 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Isnt Solaris almost dead?
  • Options
    brownwrapbrownwrap Member Posts: 549
    qwertyiop wrote: »

Why don't you ask the thousands of installed users that question.
  • Options
    ZentraediZentraedi Member Posts: 150
    Lots of Solaris boxes where I work. Yes, this does include new machines.

It's basically a business req so we need them, but the Unix SAs don't seem to be happy with things since Oracle took over.
    Current Study Track
    EMCCA, EMCCAe, EMCCE, VCIX-NV, Puppet Practitioner, ServiceNow
  • Options
    brownwrapbrownwrap Member Posts: 549
    Zentraedi wrote: »
    Lots of Solaris boxes where I work. Yes, this does include new machines.

It's basically a business req so we need them, but the Unix SAs don't seem to be happy with things since Oracle took over.

But there are many applications like the one I work on that uses both Oracle and Solaris. We have 1000s, and I do mean thousands, of people using this application and it would be a major change to go to any other platforms. Besides, there is no money for it anyway.
  • Options
    UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    qwertyiop wrote: »

Far from dead. Still doing very well. check unix.com forum for example, and see the questions asked everyday...
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Learn GRC! GRC Mastery : https://grcmastery.com 

• Options
    UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    brownwrap wrote: »
    I am in the process of studying for the Solaris System Administration certification. Any pointers would be appreciated. I have finished reading Bill Calkins Exam Prep Solaris 10 System Administration Part I and have started PArt II. I saw this on the ORacle site today:

Oracle University Select country

That's good, but don't be late, because Solaris 11 is coming soon, probably this November.
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Learn GRC! GRC Mastery : https://grcmastery.com