Is this reasonable?

So I've taken the first step and have the A+, which wasn't really hard at all. Now I'm pondering the next step, which has got me thinking MCITP. I say MCITP because it's going to be at least another year/year and a half before I get out of school, so by then MCSE might not be worth so much. I have Virtual Box and have access to a legit copy of Server 2008 through Dream Spark, so labbing stuff will be cake.

So this is my plan, to be done by February '12:
  • Win 7 Enterprise Desktop Admin
  • Enterprise Admin
That timeline gives me 8 months to get them done with what should be plenty of time to study. So long as I keep focused, even with school I usually have time to study, and with basically two months left before school starts up again, I have a LOT of time if I keep focused.

From there, I might knock out Security+ and Network+, and will do CCNA after I get out of school since I can (and plan to) take Cisco based classes as part of my concentrations (Network Admin and Routing and Switching).

Is this a good start?
"If you can't fix it, you don't own it"
"Great things have small beginnings."

Comments

• JinuyrJinuyr Member Posts: 251 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Sounds like a reasonable plan. Make sure you check out the forums for the 70-680/5/6 certifications. The 70-680 can be suprisingly hard and are quickly becoming the last certification that people obtain.
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Agreed, not an impossible task and you have some sound logic.

Good luck!

Welcome to TE
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Cpl.KlingerCpl.Klinger Member Posts: 159
    I've read the same sentiments about those exams in several places, and after reading through a study book, I certainly see the reasoning behind it. That test will be a bear, so it will definitely wait till last.

• RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    What about Section8+?
  • Repo ManRepo Man Member Posts: 300
    If you've never had an IT job I'd skip the 70-686 and take 70-685. The knowledge is more practical for day to day tasks you'll be doing.
  • XantchaXantcha Member Posts: 64 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'd consider doing the Network+ before the MCITP route.
  • Cpl.KlingerCpl.Klinger Member Posts: 159
    What about Section8+?
    I've tried everything to get that one, it'll never happen.

• RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I've tried everything to get that one, it'll never happen.
    Eventually you'll give up and just get promoted, so why bother?