passed 70-680

gosh1976gosh1976 Member Posts: 441
I passed the 70-680 yesterday. Honestly, I think I got really lucky. I didn't feel like I was ready to take the exam at all but I had a free voucher that was about to expire. I got 65 questions and took a wild guess on a number of the questions and on others I was able to eliminate 1 or two of the choices. I think I must have had a number of unscored questions.

I'm really happy I passed as I didn't expect to at all and wasn't sure I had until the congrats screen came up. I used the Don Poulton book, cbtnugeets, virtual labs and other resources listed in the 70-680 thread here, and the lab book from the official curriculum.

Comments

• EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congrats man and you sure are one lucky guy! What's next for ya?
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • gosh1976gosh1976 Member Posts: 441
    Essendon wrote: »
    Congrats man and you sure are one lucky guy! What's next for ya?

Definitely some luck involved! That's not to say that I didn't study a lot! I spent a good 6 months studying for this one. I just didn't hit the books as hard as I usually do in the last couple weeks before a test. Nobody should take this exam lightly even with studying that long and working with windows 7 on a daily basis and doing plenty of labs both online and using VMware there were questions I just had no clue on.

Up next is the ICND2 which I have been studying for along side and prior to studying for the 70-680. I hope to be ready for it in about a month. I honestly do much better when I focus on one exam but school makes that difficult.
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on passing!
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Just goes to show to everyone that the 680 is not an easy test.

Good luck with the ICND2!
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Cthu1huCthu1hu Member Posts: 52 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!! Not an easy exam at all.
  • pzeropzero Member Posts: 192
    Congrats on the pass!