Some special name

karson wongkarson wong Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
I found some special name for networking. I don't know are they correct? I hope you guy give me some advice! icon_cry.gif

Command "pathping" equal "tracert".
Command "dig" to present DNS server information.
and what is "TLS"

Thank you so much! icon_lol.gif

Comments

• johnnynodoughjohnnynodough Member Posts: 634
    pathping is tracert on steroids, more options. DIG is an alternative to NSLOOKUP but isnt native in Windows, not sure what context TLS you are looking for, im assuming you are looking for Transport layer Security.
    Go Hawks - 7 and 2

2 games againts San Fran coming up, oh yeah baby, why even play? just put then in the win category and call it good :p
  • karson wongkarson wong Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thank you for your help! I'm not quite sure isn't it for Transport Layer security. The whose sentence was say "TLS and SSL are used to encrypt data traffic sent with a web brower." icon_rolleyes.gif
    And also dose DIND equal to DNS server?
  • jescabjescab Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,321
    LOL - good way to put it Johnny
    GO STEELERS GO - STEELERS RULE
  • RamsesKRamsesK Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    TSL(seriously icon_lol.gif ): Short for Transport Layer Security, a protocol that guarantees privacy and data integrity between client/server applications communicating over the Internet.
    The TLS protocol is made up of two layers:

The TLS Record Protocol -- layered on top of a reliable transport protocol, such as TCP, it ensures that the connection is private by using symmetric data encryption and it ensures that the connection is reliable. The TLS Record Protocol also is used for encapsulation of higher-level protocols, such as the TLS Handshake Protocol.
    The TLS Handshake Protocol -- allows authentication between the server and client and the negotiation of an encryption algorithm and cryptographic keys before the application protocol transmits or receives any data.
    TLS is application protocol-independent. Higher-level protocols can layer on top of the TLS protocol transparently.

about DIND i might thing that you mean BIND wich is a kind of program manager to handle DNS used in windows 2000 server

take care icon_wink.gif
    Formule One Racing Addict...
  • karson wongkarson wong Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thank you so.........so much! icon_lol.gif