Passed 299 Finally!

Cthu1huCthu1hu Member Posts: 52 ■■■□□□□□□□
It has taken just over a year for a single exam. Not sure why, just didn't really get into it passionately. Took my first shot back in October, thought I knew it. Nope crushed me. Than time was running out to get the Sec+ so I switched gears and did that. Than I knocked out MCDST as well than got back into this. Had a second shot and well June 30th is coming and its too much hassle to test during the week so I went for it and got an 833!!

It seemed doable this time around, I read the questions and could make out clearly what they were looking for. Felt good all way through it and was surprised at the score at the end. Either way it is over and I now have the MCSE: Security!! Well soon as they get my Sec+ and verify it, seems I forgot to do that.

Comments

• PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on your pass!
  • Shadly1Shadly1 Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! It's nice to see so much positivity around here lately.
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats! This one took me 2 cracks as well. Any future plans or is it time for a vacation?
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Cthu1huCthu1hu Member Posts: 52 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys!! I have been thinking about getting the upgrade to 2008 knocked out next. Than after that perhaps the CCNA. In the meantime it's break time for a few days!
  • PanderPander Member Posts: 34 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Wow congrats CthulthuDawn!
    If I may, what did you mainly use to study?
  • Cthu1huCthu1hu Member Posts: 52 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks Pander, I used the MSPress book, TestOut and CBT Nuggets did it for me.

Transcripts just updated making it official!
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    It has taken just over a year for a single exam. Not sure why, just didn't really get into it passionately. Took my first shot back in October, thought I knew it. Nope crushed me. Than time was running out to get the Sec+ so I switched gears and did that. Than I knocked out MCDST as well than got back into this. Had a second shot and well June 30th is coming and its too much hassle to test during the week so I went for it and got an 833!!

It seemed doable this time around, I read the questions and could make out clearly what they were looking for. Felt good all way through it and was surprised at the score at the end. Either way it is over and I now have the MCSE: Security!! Well soon as they get my Sec+ and verify it, seems I forgot to do that.

Awesome job!
  • RomBUSRomBUS Member Posts: 699 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Awesome job on the pass!

Looking to take this exam in a few weeks

Question: Is the second shot still on for single exam pack as long as I have the voucher code for it? The reason why I asked is because M$ had a date for the second shot to be valid as long as you took your first shot before a certain deadline date. I know it was sometime in July....hopefully it doesnt count for single exam pack deals
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
    RomBUS wrote: »
    Question: Is the second shot still on for single exam pack as long as I have the voucher code for it? The reason why I asked is because M$ had a date for the second shot to be valid as long as you took your first shot before a certain deadline date. I know it was sometime in July....hopefully it doesnt count for single exam pack deals

Depends when you bought your voucher and what you paid for it.
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    Depends when you bought your voucher and what you paid for it.

I got it months ago, I didnt pay for the voucher?, I just signed up for it and they gave me the code like usual
    RomBUS wrote: »
    I got it months ago, I didnt pay for the voucher?, I just signed up for it and they gave me the code like usual

If you never paid for it then I don't think it is valid anymore. I know that the exam packs had to have the first exam taken by the end of June. I would expect that your code wouldn't be recognized anymore.
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    If you never paid for it then I don't think it is valid anymore. I know that the exam packs had to have the first exam taken by the end of June. I would expect that your code wouldn't be recognized anymore.

Okay so I am too late to take my first shot, that was my issue I wasn't sure of. I thought it was the end of July not June, thanks for clearing that up.
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I'd agree with D. But you can give that voucher number a shot anyway. The worst it can do is not let you use it.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • jimmyhelujimmyhelu Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Booked the 70-299 exam finally to take mid June, which I should hopefully pass and recieve the MCSA . So all wish me good luck and any tips
  • pizzaboypizzaboy Member Posts: 244 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Mid June you have plenty of time, just make sure to practice, practice, practice. IPSec and CS really need to be understood in their entirety but the exam is doable. One thing to do is make sure you read the questions and understand what they are asking because there were a few where one answer could be correct of another if not for a few key words in the question.

Good luck.
    God deserves my best
  • TjaljewTjaljew Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • thatguy67thatguy67 Member Posts: 344 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Tjaljew wrote: »
    Congrats

lol what is this sorcery.
    2017 Goals: []PCNSE7 []CCNP:Security []CCNP:R&S []LCDE []WCNA
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Lol.. I passed this exam about 300 years ago and did a double take at the "new" thread.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...