Passed Sec+

louisevlouisev Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
With a score of 813. The woman at the place told me that was a 'very good score', and sure enough that is 89%. I was somewhat flabbergasted that I did 'so well' but a pass is a pass. Folks, the nondisclosures on test-takers are rather stringent, but suffice it to say - that was not easy, and my only suggestion to all of you is study, study, study, and read what the question is asking of you. I used a discipline that I would suggest everyone use: read the question twice before scanning the answers. Verify to make sure what type of question is being asked, THEN scan the answers, then eliminate the ones that are unlikely before choosing between them. I saw advice here earlier saying do NOT go back and second-guess yourself. I think if I had gone back I would probably not have passed.

On practice tests I kept making the bonehead mistake of not reading the qualifiers on the questions, and if I hadn't learned this through taking many practice tests I am very sure I would have failed.

It didn't help my confidence that there was a guy in the lobby saying he had failed Sec+ three times already. YIKES!

Comments

• cxzar20cxzar20 Member Posts: 168
    Congratulations. I passed on my first try but I was shocked when I saw "Congratulations" on the screen. Questions are poorly written, I won't take anything from CompTIA again.
  • louisevlouisev Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    cxzar20 wrote: »
    Congratulations. I passed on my first try but I was shocked when I saw "Congratulations" on the screen. Questions are poorly written, I won't take anything from CompTIA again.

I would agree with you 110%. I had no trouble narrowing down to two possible answers but the real problem I had was trying to apply what they were asking to what I learned and determine which one was more correct than the other. I was definitely very surprised - and shaking - when I saw how high my score was.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • louisevlouisev Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif

Thanks Dakinggamer87
  • DBrewer254DBrewer254 Registered Users Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    cxzar20 wrote: »

I have to agree here. I thought the CCNA exam was easier than the security + exam just based on how the questions were worded. I've taken A+, Net +, Project + from CompTia, It seems like Sec+ was the worst.