Passed ICND2..now what??

pham0329pham0329 Member Posts: 556
Took and passed my ICND2 this morning with a 986/1000!!

Now that I've got my CCNA, I'm wondering what route to take? CCNP sounds like a good option while the material is still fresh in my head, but at the same time, my boss has a really big interest in security so I was thinking CCNA: Security.

Has anyone taken the security track and is it worth it? Should I just stick with the CCNP track before branching out/specializing?

Comments

• jovan88jovan88 Member Posts: 393
    I would go CCNA Security, then go for CCNP. Any CCNP is expected to know CCNA Security topics anyway.
  • j-manj-man Member Posts: 143
    Congrats!

As mentioned by several other members (and it makes perfect sense), take a look at your current situation. What will benefit you the most right now? What are you currently doing career wise?

Take both of those into account before you make a decision. If getting another cert to pad the resume is in your plans, strike while the iron is hot as the other poster said.
  • pham0329pham0329 Member Posts: 556
    Ideally, I would go for the CCNA Voice track as its my job to support our VOIP deployment. However, as the exam was upgraded and there's not much material out there, I don't want to take CCNA Voice yet.

So, I guess my next options are CCNA Security, CCDA, or CCNP. As suggested, I was leaning towards CCNA Security, or maybe even CCDA, but I was curious as to the value of those certs and if its worth going after?
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!