Options

Working with Excel

MonkerzMonkerz Member Posts: 842
Hey Guys/Gals,

Wondering if someone can help me here. I have setup my network monitor to shoot out an email to a notification mailbox when one of my site's bandwidth exceeds 65% the CIR constantly for 5 minutes, then another email once the bandwidth drops back down below the threshold. I have done this because my monitoring solution doesn't allow reporting on triggered events.

What I am trying to do is create a report once a month, or whenever requested by our CIO, which would tell me what sites are exceeding the 65% threshold, how many times they have, and the total time the branch was exceeding for the month.

I can drag all the emails I receive into an excel spreadsheet, but I totally suck with excel and creating VBA that would manipulate the information as needed to create a report for my managers. If anyone could give me a hand, that would be great! I have been sitting here for a few hours pondering and trying different things, but I have pretty much came up with doing everything manually. Which would suck with the amount of data I assume I will receive from this closely monitoring our circuits.

I have uploaded an excel spreadsheet of the raw data to my skydrive, if anyone would like to mess with it to see what you come up with. I am more than willing to do all the work myself, I just need a someone to point me in the right direction. Thank you.

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=8177B48068B05452&id=8177B48068B05452%21239&sc=documents

Comments