thank you letter

jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
So I had an interview last week and I'm planning on sending a thank you letter but the email is not the persons email that I interviewed with. For example, it'll be applyhere at apply dot net. I did see the the persons company email but I was curious, do you think it would be alright to email that person at the company address when they didn't give me their email address? I just want to be cautious and I think it wouldn't hurt.
Booya!!
WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
*****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****

Comments

• EuclidJonesEuclidJones Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    It shouldn't hurt if you email them at their company address. Either they'll assume someone gave it to you or that you have at the very least basic research skills. Neither of which are bad. Just don't go overly crazy in your thank you.

If you email them at their personal email address - that would be bad.
  • EveryoneEveryone Member Posts: 1,661
    If I don't have the hiring managers e-mail, I usually send the thank you e-mail to the recruiter/HR person that I've been working with, and ask them to pass my thanks on to the hiring manager/team that I interviewed with. They are usually happy to do that for you.
  • Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    . Just don't go overly crazy in your thank you.

If you email them at their personal email address - that would be bad.

or something like this, "thank you for the interview... I watched you sleep last night"

don't do that
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark