Options

study tips

dsa1971dsa1971 Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
I'm wondering how people study for exams. I'm currently studying for A+ using Mike Meyers exam guide and am almost done reading it. I have taken notes along the way as I have read it and also used study guides here and at mcmcse.com along with going through some short practice tests. I'm probably going to start doing some longer practice tests once I finish the book. How do the rest of you prepare for exams?

Comments

• Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    That's pretty much how I did it as well. I also used Myers book. I also looked over each objective to make sure I understood each one, and how it could be applied in a real-life scenario, and on an exam. Lots of practice tests(used as many as I could find to avoid memorizing the answers), took a total of about 6 months to complete studies for A+.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    I've been studying for a little over 3 weeks and I have one chapter left in the Mike Meyers book. I plan on taking the core exam either in October or early November. I have 2 trips planned in October otherwise I would definitely take it then. I would like to be A+ certified by the end of the year and then get my Network+ early next year.
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    I also used Mike Myers passprt series for A+, when I was on the road, or taveling from home, I still a good reference without a 1200 page book.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    Ricka182 wrote:
    I also used Mike Myers passprt series for A+, when I was on the road, or taveling from home, I still a good reference without a 1200 page book.

I also have the passport book. I usually read it in bed reviewing the chapter I went through in the big book.
  • Options
    johnnynodoughjohnnynodough Member Posts: 634
    Mutiple sources will help, also a good idea to take some practice tests to gauge your knowledge. Its important to have "quality" study time. Put the kids to bed, go some place quiet and read.

Tinker around with a PC as well, the knowledge should be retained better when you practice it.

Good luck.
    Go Hawks - 7 and 2

2 games againts San Fran coming up, oh yeah baby, why even play? just put then in the win category and call it good :p