Ccie# 29431

Comments

• jason_lundejason_lunde Member Posts: 567
    It depends on the day you take it.

Don't take on Friday, you might not get results till Monday.

During M-Th it usually takes 3-6 hrs.

This is spot on, and exactly why I took it on a Monday. My boss took it on a Friday and didnt get his results until Sunday. Took about 3 hrs for the email to arrive.
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    bowing.gifbowing.gif Big big achievement!!! bowing.gifbowing.gif

Congratulations!

P.S. Not that it matters too much, update that cert list of yours too!
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    Major congrats! What a wonderful accomplishment
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
  • jovan88jovan88 Member Posts: 393
    Thats great news, its been a long time since we've seen a pass. It won't be too long until CCIE 30,000!
  • TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    A very big congratulations shout out.
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
  • Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    Ya reaper I kind of kept this date close to my chest if you know what I mean. Just wanted to be able to focus on it without the pressure of announcing it. During work I would read the doc-cd, and that is about it. I would spend 45 minutes during lunch vpn'd to home on my rack labbing as well. Besides that I dedicated from abou 8-11:30 to getting my time in. With the help of monster drinks at 8 pm this was possible. Thanks guys!

Understand entirely, I'm the same way. I won't be announcing anything in advance, not even to my co-workers. Since I'm off Sunday/Monday, it'll be a Monday date, drive over to RTP on a Sunday, and get it done. Lord knows you'll put enough pressure on yourself, last thing you need is the pressure from your peers.

Congratulations though man, you kept up a hellishly good pace, and I'm glad to see it paid off. Make sure you stick around and help out the next generation!
  • AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    icon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gif
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • ccnaomkarccnaomkar Member Posts: 187 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Hey Turgon. I went through Rauf at Netmasters...I think they were about $350. I dont know really how it works if your not a member of the program, but I am pretty sure you can get them through the Cisco store too, but they are way more expensive.

Thanks Jason. So were you a member of the 360 programme? I hear it's very expensive.
  • APAAPA Member Posts: 959
    Well done!!!!! Go have that well earned keg of beer now.. :)

CCNA | CCNA:Security | CCNP | CCIP
    JNCIA:JUNOS | JNCIA:EX | JNCIS:ENT | JNCIS:SEC
    JNCIS:SP | JNCIP:SP
  • shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Congrats Jason!! Glad to hear it payed off for you!!!!!!
  • EmpoweredBizTechEmpoweredBizTech Member Posts: 110
    Congratulations I bow to you sir
  • NOC-NinjaNOC-Ninja Member Posts: 1,403
    1. About 9 months I think...that included my trip down the CCIP path though.
    2. I passed the written in November...so like 7 months of intense lab prep.
    3. My tally is about 15k..that includes my lab, All Access Pass-INE, Narbik boot camp, books, travel, written and lab fees, mock labs, etc... This all came out of my pocket too, as work wouldnt really pay, and I really didnt want them too. I didnt want to feel tied down and I am fortunate enough to be in a position where I did not need them too.
    4. Ahh..man..lets see. Routing TCP/IP vol1/2 , Odoms Qos, MPLS Fundamentals, LAN Switching, Odoms CCIE R/S v4 Guide, All my CCNP books, Halibi's BGP...and probably some more but I cant think of them right now.
    5. I have a home lab of 2600xm's and 3640's, 3550/60's that I used to do labs from INE. If I couldnt do a task on there, I would pop open a 3725 image on GNS3 and do the task. I used remote racks of course for the mock labs (graded labs, and cisco's remote racks for the 360).
    Thanks for the info.
    1. Is it better to have your own lab rather than doing rack rentals aka tokens?
    2. Can you explain to me whats in 360, where can i get that (is it at cisco?) and how much did it cost you?
    Im talking to INE right now about the pricing.
  • ConstantlyLearningConstantlyLearning Member Posts: 445
    Well done man.

Make sure to focus on family and friends now, especially those that supported you.
    "There are 3 types of people in this world, those who can count and those who can't"
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Wow dude! Awesome!
    Ya reaper I kind of kept this date close to my chest if you know what I mean. Just wanted to be able to focus on it without the pressure of announcing it. During work I would read the doc-cd, and that is about it. I would spend 45 minutes during lunch vpn'd to home on my rack labbing as well. Besides that I dedicated from abou 8-11:30 to getting my time in. With the help of monster drinks at 8 pm this was possible. Thanks guys!

Looks like I can learn from you in this department (and others I am sure):)

So what's up next for you (after your 90 day break)?
  • TesseracTTesseracT Member Posts: 167
    That's huge buddy, I'm glad you passed. Thanks for your process as well as it lets us hopefuls know how much effort is needed
  • Chris_Chris_ Member Posts: 326
    Massive achievement, well done - gives us all hope, doubt I could ever sacrifice that much family time though.
    Bog Congrats.
    Going all out for Voice. Don't worry Data; I'll never forget you
    :study: CVoice [X] CIPT 1 [ ] CIPT 2 [ ] CAPPS [ ] TVOICE [ ]
  • honohono Member Posts: 50 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations Jason,
    This envourage others like me... I hope to pass my lab before the end of this year
    Daniel
    CCIE R&S
  • chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    1. About 9 months I think...that included my trip down the CCIP path though.
    2. I passed the written in November...so like 7 months of intense lab prep.

This statement here motivates me to get a CCIE Security cert, since I am going down the CCNP Security path , this would cut my CCIE Security written study time down massively.
    3. My tally is about 15k..that includes my lab, All Access Pass-INE, Narbik boot camp, books, travel, written and lab fees, mock labs, etc... This all came out of my pocket too, as work wouldnt really pay, and I really didnt want them too. I didnt want to feel tied down and I am fortunate enough to be in a position where I did not need them too.

This statement here frustrates me because of the costs invovled icon_sad.gif
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • NOC-NinjaNOC-Ninja Member Posts: 1,403
    chrisone wrote: »
    This statement here motivates me to get a CCIE Security cert, since I am going down the CCNP Security path , this would cut my CCIE Security written study time down massively.

This statement here frustrates me because of the costs invovled icon_sad.gif

Loan icon_lol.gif I might sell my baby (STi) to get that budget.
  • jason_lundejason_lunde Member Posts: 567
    Ya it was pretty expensive, but mind you when I built my lab out on ebay I wasnt really the savviest of shoppers. I usually did the "buy it now" because I hated bidding wars, and I bought some stuff in quantity. This unfortunately is higher costs, but less hassle (imo). Then I said INE all access pass, but really it was the CCIE R/S self study bundle, which is basically all their R/S stuff. Supposedly if you call them, they will work with you to get it down to a reasonable cost. Then on the travel side, I just hate shitty hotels. I still need to do the "final tally." I will let you guys know the actual cost when I get that done.

Turgon, I was in the Cisco 360 program through Narbik's boot camp. Now that his program is affiliated with them, you get admitted as a 360 student, as well as a Narbik student. Its a pretty good deal I think as his class costs are still reasonable.
  • chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    The only issue with the CCIE security is that not only do you have to buy routers and switches, you need to purchase, IPS, ASA, ACS Server, Mars i believe. I think i can get it done with 10k to be honest with you and that is not that bad, it will just take some time to build. I can probably build most of it during my CCNP Security studies. Well see how far i get with the CCNP security as far as building that lab goes. I think about pulling the trigger on the CCIE Security exam every month evey time i study new concepts about security. I wont make any final decision until after i get that CCNP Security cert :)

I just like the fact that there are only 2,500 CCIE security's in the world. I also dont like the CCIE RS so much, i think they overkill the bgp, mpls, qos, stuff. I think the RS touches every technology including some security.
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • StrontyDogStrontyDog Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    chrisone wrote: »
    The only issue with the CCIE security is that not only do you have to buy routers and switches, you need to purchase, IPS, ASA, ACS Server, Mars i believe. I think i can get it done with 10k to be honest with you and that is not that bad, it will just take some time to build. I can probably build most of it during my CCNP Security studies. Well see how far i get with the CCNP security as far as building that lab goes. I think about pulling the trigger on the CCIE Security exam every month evey time i study new concepts about security. I wont make any final decision until after i get that CCNP Security cert :)

I just like the fact that there are only 2,500 CCIE security's in the world. I also dont like the CCIE RS so much, i think they overkill the bgp, mpls, qos, stuff. I think the RS touches every technology including some security.

If you aim to emulate the full lab then yes the home version is costly but you don't need to. Remember the mantra, 'Study the technology - NOT the lab itself'. With that in mind you can put together a small home lab to explore and practice core concepts relatively cheaply (and with PIX/ASA support in GNS3 this is even easier now, put the 90 day trial of ACS into a VM etc.), then use rack time for full blown labs.
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • 416_guy416_guy Member Posts: 70 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Monumental achievement!!!

I can only dream of one day being in your shoes.
  • esswokesswok Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Very Sweeeet! i am sure that you must feel ontop of the world.

CONGRATS!
  • hkechoeshkechoes Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Super awesome!

Posts like this are giving me courage to move forward, like you!
  • davidspirovalentinedavidspirovalentine Member Posts: 353 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I have been in these forums since my pre-ccna days, so to be able to finally post this is awesome.

HUGE ACHIEVEMENT!!! Congrats, it must be an awesome feeling! I hope I have a similar success story next year in November...
    Now to spend some much needed time with my son, and pregnant wife!

Congrats again!!! :)

Kind Regards,
    David
    Failure is a stepping stone to success...
  • bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Late to the party as ever, but just wanted to say awesome! Well done indeed sir, thats a great achievement - thoroughly deserved with the efforts you have put in!

Enjoy some relaxation time with your family, and party hard drunken_smilie.gif
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln