Options

Protocol Based Routing

NightShade03NightShade03 Member Posts: 1,383 ■■■■■■■□□□
Does anyone know if you can do protocol based routing on a Cisco 2821? For example there are two WIC cards each leading out to a different ISP. I wanted to push all HTTP/HTTPS traffic out of WIC 0/1 and all other traffic out of WIC 0/2.

I'm pretty sure this can be done I'm just unsure how. I couldn't seem to do this on a Check Point box.

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I'm sure you could whip something up with some PRB
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    I'm only thinking this in my head but a access list matching all web traffic then a route map changing the next hop to the way you want to push it out. but hey I'm a VOIP guy so your millage my vary. icon_thumright.gif. Try it after hours or GNS3 it.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • Options
    keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    yes you can do this

route-map ???? permit 10
    match protocol xyz
    or
    match ** 100(acl)
    set ip next-hop ??? or interface ?/?
    !
    route-map ??? permit 20
    match *** (acl)
    or
    match protocol
    set ip next-hop ??? or interface ?/?
    !
    route-map ??? permit 30
    !
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • Options
    ConstantlyLearningConstantlyLearning Member Posts: 445
    Does anyone know if you can do protocol based routing on a Cisco 2821? For example there are two WIC cards each leading out to a different ISP. I wanted to push all HTTP/HTTPS traffic out of WIC 0/1 and all other traffic out of WIC 0/2.

I'm pretty sure this can be done I'm just unsure how. I couldn't seem to do this on a Check Point box.

As networker050184 said, I'm sure you mean policy based routing. (The fact that networker050184 then typo'd 'PRB' made me laugh =P )

Has the documentation that you've been looking into for this been ambiguous? Can you post links to the documentation you've been looking at?
    "There are 3 types of people in this world, those who can count and those who can't"
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    As networker050184 said, I'm sure you mean policy based routing. (The fact that networker050184 then typo'd 'PRB' made me laugh =P )

Haha, while I was typing it I was thinking man I want to drink a PBR right about now. Threw of my concentration!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.