5 hours until my first attempt 70-680

citinerdcitinerd Member Posts: 266
I only "studied" for 2 weeks however I work Desktop support and deploy windows 7 with WDS. This is the free test through Dreamspark so pass or fail I am not out any $$ but who wants to fail. I will keep you posted.

Comments

• BloogenBloogen Member Posts: 180 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck. I go in 2.5 hours. I'll let you know how it goes and be sure to do the same.
  • citinerdcitinerd Member Posts: 266
    2 hours to go.
    I'm sad to report I failed the exam. This was my second attempt and I had only a marginal improvement over my first attempt. This go round it seemed more difficult despite a lot more studying. I had different types of questions this time including procedures questions, knowing what to do and in what order among others.

The exam has many questions that make it difficult to distill from memory of studying. You have to apply your knowledge to the specific scenarios given to you which involves knowledge of seemingly minor details that separate you from right and wrong.

My first attempt had 45 questions this time was 65, time was not a factor.
  • MrAgentMrAgent Member Posts: 1,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Sorry to hear you failed.
    Wow 65 questions? Ive never seen that many before.

Check your score report, study harder in your weak areas, and brushen up on your stronger areas.
  • rmaster1rmaster1 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The test I took yesterday had 65 questions as well. I found it interesting that the questions seemed grouped together. For example, all of the deployment questions were one after another, then it moved on to a new topic. I expected it to be all mixed up. And all of the simulation questions were grouped together at the end of the exam.

You'll get it next time!
  • tr1xtr1x Member Posts: 213
    I took the test three times and had 65 questions every time, lol. The most recent one, which I passed, the last 10 questions were ordering and "select the right option in the following picture" questions. I did not get any questions like that on the first two tests. They must have a pretty big pool of questions.
    My questions were also grouped in a similar way as you guys talked about with the matching questions etc all at the end. My strongest area in the first test, network connectivity became my worse area on the most recent test. I, like other people before I started reading these forums is that this would be the easier part of the MCITP:EA, I sure hope not....
    I passed the exam and I too got 65 questions. I never thought I would ever say this but I got 1000. I have taken many test and the closest I ever came to perfect was the 70-271. I am sooo gonna frame the score report.
    Bloogen wrote: »
    I'm sad to report I failed the exam. This was my second attempt and I had only a marginal improvement over my first attempt. This go round it seemed more difficult despite a lot more studying. I had different types of questions this time including procedures questions, knowing what to do and in what order among others.

The exam has many questions that make it difficult to distill from memory of studying. You have to apply your knowledge to the specific scenarios given to you which involves knowledge of seemingly minor details that separate you from right and wrong.

My first attempt had 45 questions this time was 65, time was not a factor.

Sorry to hear that. Third times a charm.
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congrats! To get that score you MUST really know Win7. Nice!
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
    Essendon wrote: »
    Congrats! To get that score you MUST really know Win7. Nice!

I do alot of the deployment side of it since I am one of 2 people that build and deploy images. We just migrated from Ghost to WDS about a month ago. Besides that I used Ucertify practice test and 70-680 MS Press book. I did read some technet articles on USMT since I do not use it regularly in a domain eviorment with roaming profiles.
    Awesome job with the perfect score. You had some room to spare me some answers :).

I had previously thought the deployment section to be the most difficult for me as it was new to me but it has actually been fairly strong for me in both attempts.

Would you say the ucertify exam to be worth it for me? I have PrepLogic videos and practice exams which I have been consistently passing though the exam is MUCH different from the practice exams I have done.

Any other suggestions that you found helped you would be appreciated.
  • JaCkNiFeJaCkNiFe Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    citinerd wrote: »
    I passed the exam and I too got 65 questions. I never thought I would ever say this but I got 1000. I have taken many test and the closest I ever came to perfect was the 70-271. I am sooo gonna frame the score report.

Congratulations! Did your student mentor have a heart attack?
    Lab on!
    Bloogen wrote: »
    Awesome job with the perfect score. You had some room to spare me some answers :).

I had previously thought the deployment section to be the most difficult for me as it was new to me but it has actually been fairly strong for me in both attempts.

Would you say the ucertify exam to be worth it for me? I have PrepLogic videos and practice exams which I have been consistently passing though the exam is MUCH different from the practice exams I have done.

Any other suggestions that you found helped you would be appreciated.

It can't hurt. I thing I got more efs questions than deployment though. Probably close though. Its funny because I don't think many companies use M$ forms of encryption. Fortunately I only got one applocker question since I really did not practice that.

Get as many resources as you can and read through the 70-680 resources sticky.
    JaCkNiFe wrote: »
    Congratulations! Did your student mentor have a heart attack?

Mentor does not know yet. Our normal call is on Monday's and this Monday is a holiday so I will not talk to him again until the 11th. However I did not take this through WGU I used the free test through M$ Dreamspark, so I don't need to submit the score.
  • JaCkNiFeJaCkNiFe Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Gotcha! The program I'm in requires the 70-680 so I automatically assumed yours did. My mistake :)
    Lab on!