CCNA Certification

john55john55 Banned Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
I was wonder which is helpful the most on CCNA certification. I was thinking about study on my own with book and flash card or just take a class for this summer. Please advice me. thanks.

Comments

• earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Depends on if you're taking the 1 or 2 test route. The best books are the Odom Cisco Press books and the Lammle books. It's also important that you lab a LOT either using real hardware or a simulator.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • MrRyteMrRyte Member Posts: 347 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I also recommend this link in addition to Odom and Lammle study material:
    Router Alley - Guides

I recommend taking the two-test approach. Each test has a breakdown of what's covered so that you can utilize your study time better.
    NEXT UP: CompTIA Security+ :study:

Life is a matter of choice not chance. The path to your destiny will be paved by the decisions that you make every day.
  • ccnaomkarccnaomkar Member Posts: 187 ■■□□□□□□□□
    if u take 2 route path then it is easy than composite exam

if possible classes where u get practise on real lab equipment
    otherwise u could practice on packet tracer(legally)which is only available to networking academy students
    or gns3 will work if u could ios image because it will actually emulate router ios

books
    wendell odom icnd1 and icnd2
    todd lammle ccna self study guide(if required)

if u afford spend money then go for
    video training
    cbt nuggets
    or
    train signal
  • john55john55 Banned Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    ccnaomkar wrote: »
    if u take 2 route path then it is easy than composite exam

A lot of people say this, but how do you really know? If you didn't take the 640-802 and the 640-822/540-816 you really don't. Yes, there is less material to cover each time for the 2 test route, but I can counter that with having 50 questions on one test vs. 100 questions across 2 exams is going to be easier. You probably won't see everything as deep and a topic or two that you're weak in won't hurt you as much.

But the thing is, we're both just speculating.
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    alan2308 wrote: »
    A lot of people say this, but how do you really know? If you didn't take the 640-802 and the 640-822/540-816 you really don't. Yes, there is less material to cover each time for the 2 test route, but I can counter that with having 50 questions on one test vs. 100 questions across 2 exams is going to be easier. You probably won't see everything as deep and a topic or two that you're weak in won't hurt you as much.

But the thing is, we're both just speculating.

I have taken the 1 test path and I also read the CCENT book (at one point). I can say the IMO the one test path would be easier if you want to "get it out of the way". You still have to know the same material and cover all the same objectives but with the 2 test path you have to perform well and correctly twice and you have twice as many chances to fail.