Options

NEED ADVICE HELP! About Security+

sharpescaladesharpescalade Inactive Imported Users Posts: 29 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey-

I passed my A+ and Network+ fairly easy. I mean I studied pretty hard but it wasnt rocket science.

I picked up my Security+ book today and read the whole thing. It pretty much seems to focus on PKI/SSL/ACL's/PPP/PPTP/L2PT or so.

Can anyone tell me, as far as difficulty, how hard is this test in comparison to A+ or NET+??

I noticed also, the passing score seems to be "higher" than all the other exams I have taken...is this because this exam is considered "easier" and thus you should know more....or is it harder and they want a higher score?? I dont understand?

And anyone taking the test..what was the MOST accurate study tool ? Which book EXACTLY was most like the test and resembled the questions on the actual test?

I would really enjoy someone who has passed this test to simply take 5 mins and help a guy out....fill me in on what this exam is about really, difficultly factor compared to the other exams I've taken, and what i should consentrate on to pass.....cause COME on there is like 10000 acromyns and different security mechanics...i mean EVERY page had a totally different ACL,TBACS,RADIUS,TATCAS....does the test go over ALL of them or realistically, does the test just go over the BIG ones?
Compaq Accredited Professional ~ HP Systems Engineer ~ CompTIA A+ ~ CompTIA Network+ ~ CompTIA i-Net+ ~ CompTIA HTI+ ~ CompTIA Project+ ~ CompTIA Security+ ~ INTEL Certified Solutions Provider

Comments

• Options
    BreadfanBreadfan Member Posts: 282 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The Sybex book has some wrong information in it so i would shy away from that one. If you are new to security (as most of us are/were) then I eould recommend the Syngress or Que Training books as well as the Technotes on this site. The exam cram book isnt bad (but you should only read that one until you have completed the other one.

Definitely use more than opne resource. That's how I found mistakes in the books I bought. Also, some books cover topics more in depth than others and vice versa.

Good luck
    Mark Twain

“If I cannot drink Bourbon and smoke cigars in Heaven than I shall not go.

• Options
    TURTLEGIRLTURTLEGIRL Member Posts: 361
    Best guides I used was 'MS Press" and 'Syngress' and Tcat.

Best video based training was CBT Nuggets and best exam testing software was 'transcenders'.

Good Luck with the study and exam. :D:D
    If you don't know 24 then you don't know Jack!
  • Options
    jdunganjdungan Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    how well you know security, dont read one book and expect to take the exam. i took a class on network security for 9 mon and have read several books before i took the test, i also read and took every practice test i could get my hands on
  • Options
    Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    yes..you will be tested on all those acronyms. And all the material listed so far, is good for the test. I used the Syngres book for the exam.

Kenny
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA
  • Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Looks like the study material has been covered pretty well.

As far as the exam goes it is far more difficult than A+ or Net+. If you read the recommendations on the Comptia site they should give you some indication.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007