Passed 70-686

Todd BurrellTodd Burrell Member Posts: 280
Well, today I took and passed the 70-686 exam with a score of 780. The test overall was not that bad, but I did feel that I had scored a lot higher. There were a number of very tricky questions - and I have never seen so many disable/enable type questions.

The exam seemed to cover most of the domains pretty evenly with a total of 55 questions. To me this was basically a deployment exam with a few other questions tossed in for a break.

I really thought that this site and the 70-686 MS Press book were better for prep for this test than the Gibson book. The Gibson book did not really go into enough detail on some of the areas (like MDT and MED-V).

I used MeasureUp and the MS Press CD for this exam and I thought those practice questions were very close to what was asked in the exam.

Well now that I am an MCITP:EDA7 I guess I need to try and find something else to study. I'll probably start on my CCNA after a few week summer break.

Comments

• NOLAJNOLAJ Member Posts: 490
    Congrats!!

Server 2008 or AD would be a great next step.
    WGU - MBA: I.T. Management --> Graduated!!

WGU -
    B.S. Information Technology—Network Administration --> Graduated!!

:thumbup:
  • Todd BurrellTodd Burrell Member Posts: 280
    I've already completed my MCITP:EA, so I have the Server 2008 stuff covered (in excruciating detail).

I'm thinking of either hitting CCNA or possibly the MCITP virtualization cert.

No matter, I'm just glad this pain in the butt test is over. It has some VERY quirky questions.
  • pzeropzero Member Posts: 192
    Congrats on the pass! I bet it feels good to have nailed the EDA7 track!
  • Jander1023Jander1023 Member Posts: 160
    Congrats! I felt very similar about the exam.
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congrats! The CCNA would sure be a nice change of pace.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats! Glad you passed!
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • KillermacKillermac Member Posts: 93 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass. I am working 70-685 since it seems a nice fit for me.
    Killermac :)
    A+;Net+;XP,MCP, Security+, Win 7: 70-680
  • adfabusadfabus Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations !
    Well, today I took and passed the 70-686 exam with a score of 780. The test overall was not that bad, but I did feel
    that I had scored a lot higher. There were a number of very tricky questions - and I have never seen so many disable/enable type questions.

The exam seemed to cover most of the domains pretty evenly with a total of 55 questions. To me this was basically a deployment exam with a few other questions tossed in for a break.

I really thought that this site and the 70-686 MS Press book were better for prep for this test than the Gibson book. The Gibson book did not really go into enough detail on some of the areas (like MDT and MED-V).

I used MeasureUp and the MS Press CD for this exam and I thought those practice questions were very close to what was asked in the exam.

Well now that I am an MCITP:EDA7 I guess I need to try and find something else to study. I'll probably start on my CCNA after a few week summer break.
  • RomBUSRomBUS Member Posts: 699 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!

The title is now longer called Enterprise Desktop Admin, its now called MCSA (Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate): Windows 7

MCSA: Windows 7 certification now LIVE! - Born to Learn - Born To Learn - Born to Learn