Interview Questions

PPforLifePPforLife Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
I have a phone interview on Friday with a manger. Its going to be a technical interview. What type of questions should i expect. Really need this job, Im 0-3 with interviews so far. sighhhhhh Thanks ahead.

this is some of the description:

• This is an entry level position requiring 1 to 2 years Help Desk Experience in a similar position, we will consider recent college graduate in IT with intern experience.
• Hands on experience with MS Office Applications, IE and Outlook
• Knowledge of and experience with Windows XP Operating System, Citrix, Wyse terminals
• Perform routine and basic preventative maintenance on Windows desktops and laptops. Install critical patches, virus updates, VPN clients and other software as needed.
• Maintain the tape/disk library and ensures the accurate recording of both onsite and offsite media libraries.
• Ability to manage Active Directory user, group, and computer accounts.
• Understanding, install and support of PC hardware and peripherals, such as HP printers, multi-function printers and scanners, etc.
• Basic understanding of networking technologies and protocols such as basic IP addressing, DNS, DHCP
• Knowledge of ADP Etime software, hand punch clocks a plus.
• Knowledge of Track-It Helpdesk software a plus.
• Knowledge of Avaya phone system and Blackberry a plus.
• Technical degree, MCP/MCDST Certification and/or Comp TIA A+ Hardware Certification, a plus

Comments

• EveryoneEveryone Member Posts: 1,661
    Questions will most likely be centered around trying to figure out your thought process when it comes to troubleshooting.

"A user calls saying they can't ____, how would you troubleshoot this?".
  • BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
    You might get some technical questions about hardware or software. Or the difference between spyware and a virus. Things like that.

I remember years ago when I interviewed for a help desk position, all three people (HR, shift supervisor, IT manager) all asked the same opening question - What is chip creep? I guess they ran into that a lot with their custom built systems.
  • PPforLifePPforLife Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    had the phone interview today:
    got this email earlier

Hi PPforLife,

I left you a message. We would like to bring you in for an on-site interview on Friday 7/8. Please let me know your availability. You can reach me on my cell phone today (###) ###-####.

I look forward to hearing from you.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Nice! Best of luck.
  • johnterry807johnterry807 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi,
    I am also very interested in this subject, but the reference is very limited. You can share documents as well as experience? Thanks!

If you want to get more materials that related to this topic, you can visit: [FONT=&quot]Networking interview questions[/FONT]
    Best regards.
  • toshinden5toshinden5 Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    When I applied for a help desk job, they usually ask customer service related questions relating to computers like my screen doesn't work, what steps should be taken to troubleshoot a computer screen? etc etc. Should be straight forward.