Taking A+ Core sept the 1st

nogennogen Inactive Imported Users Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
I beleavie im more than ready to take this exam, tell me if this is a good way to study for it.

1) i got a copy of preplogic A+ core and took the practices test.
2) studied tech notes on here
3) i took a A+ cource in high school (2 years ago just never had took the test im now 18 i was 16 when i was in the class)

Which topic are most of the questions going to come from?.

Comments

• PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Welcome to the site :)

You'll find the objectives from Comptia very helpful in that they outline the areas you will need to have an understanding of (if not completely know....i.e. Memorized items like COM1, COM2, etc...)

I cannot say how the Preplocial material is, I haven't used it and never found it real appealing, perhaps someone else can shed some light there.

What will help you the most is some experience. Reading and memorizing will only get you just so far in A+ and your other exams. Get some practice breaking, unbreaking things for free or minimal pay to help gel the information together.

If you have specific questions, by all means post in the forums and well help out as much as we can.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • fatma97fatma97 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good luck in your exam :o

i didn't decide yet to take the A+ exam although im taking now a course in A+ icon_wink.gif
  • teenu0427teenu0427 Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    good luck with your exam the more questions you practice the more you will know and you will learn the techniques how and what kind of questions they ask.

egal
  • jd_mattosjd_mattos Member Posts: 134
    Good luck!
    Use the practice tests on this site and www.mcmcse.com
    They are both good, they helped me out when I took it.
  • nogennogen Inactive Imported Users Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i can not take te exam now... the place i was going to take it is in metairie, la which is right by new orleans. and the testing center is closed, i was just woundering if anyone here knows sincei already paid for it ( i paid online ) if i can go and take it at another testing center... ( prob. can just woundering if someone has done it before ) im taking it @ prometric testing center. new horizens is the name of the place.
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Packet22 wrote:
    i can not take te exam now... the place i was going to take it is in metairie, la which is right by new orleans. and the testing center is closed, i was just woundering if anyone here knows sincei already paid for it ( i paid online ) if i can go and take it at another testing center... ( prob. can just woundering if someone has done it before ) im taking it @ prometric testing center. new horizens is the name of the place.

You'll want to contact Prometric....and SOON!! It may be too late, but under the circumstances, they may permit a transfer. Have all your documents, ID numbers, facts, dates etc... prior to your call. Speak to a human and see what can be done.

Good Luck!

Sorry to hear about your area icon_sad.gif
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • capnScottcapnScott Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey nicholos im taking mine in laffayette but on the prometric site u can find 1 close 2 u good luck