CCNA Network Engineer

levensailorlevensailor Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
I just finished my 3rd interview and got a job offer!
I'm a CCNA and i feel comfortable with routing and switching but all of my voip experience is on a different platform (broadsoft) so i was wondering what a good book/starting point would be so i can start off running as best as i can?

any recommendations appreciated
CCNP/CCDA/CCNA-Wireless/MCSA/MCITP/Network+/Security+
BS Information Tech. - UMass

Comments

• shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    I just finished my 3rd interview and got a job offer!
    I'm a CCNA and i feel comfortable with routing and switching but all of my voip experience is on a different platform (broadsoft) so i was wondering what a good book/starting point would be so i can start off running as best as i can?

any recommendations appreciated

VOIP fundementals to fill in the gaps you have to cover, Next depending on what area in voip you will be doing. If you will be doing mostly call manager work there arne't that many books that cover ver 7x/8x so you will have to wait for those. If you are going to be doing gateway work get "Cisco Gateway Gatekeepers", some of the terminology has changed and a few new features in IOS ver 15(sip security) are missing, but its by far the best Gateway/Gatekeeper book I have read.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • levensailorlevensailor Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have an 1841 ISR router and needed something for Voice (CME) so I found a cheap 1760 Router with CME loaded. Would I be better off selling these and trading up for a UC500 or something along those lines?
  • tomaifauchaitomaifauchai Member Posts: 301 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Afaik, the UC500 isn't in the blueprint anymore, if your question was toward the CCNA-V certification. 1760s are a great deal for entry-level Cisco CME VoIP.
  • levensailorlevensailor Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Afaik, the UC500 isn't in the blueprint anymore, if your question was toward the CCNA-V certification. 1760s are a great deal for entry-level Cisco CME VoIP.

i saw in my book some 1800 routers support voice so i went to double check feature navigator and saw an 1861, when i looked it up, it looks just like the UC500! are they even different?

why did cisco scrap the uc5xx.. for the uc300?
  • moss12moss12 Banned Posts: 220 ■■□□□□□□□□
    nice display pic.
    who is that joker?
  • instant000instant000 Member Posts: 1,745
    moss12 wrote: »
    nice display pic.
    who is that joker?

looks like Chevy Chase to me.
    Currently Working: CCIE R&S
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)