Options

What is google up to now?!

johnnynodoughjohnnynodough Member Posts: 634
Looks like Gmail is full public access now, but without an invite, you have to register using your mobile phone! HAHAHA! Whats up wit dat!

Can you say, telemarketers? I can see it now, you will be talking on your cell phone, and you will mention something about say, a brick, and bam, you will have another call on call waiting, and it will be an advertisement for a bricklayer, just like google.com.

I wonder how many suckers are gonna register there phones icon_lol.gif
Go Hawks - 7 and 2

2 games againts San Fran coming up, oh yeah baby, why even play? just put then in the win category and call it good :p

Comments

• Options
    StarterStarter Member Posts: 169
    well, googel's explanation of why they're doing it over the phone was so that they wouldn't have people writing a program to create thousands of accounts and take advantage of the free storage.
  • Options
    johnnynodoughjohnnynodough Member Posts: 634
    yea, we'll see if it ends there.

Google is not well known for their "lawful" practices, like luring the VP of M$.
    Go Hawks - 7 and 2

2 games againts San Fran coming up, oh yeah baby, why even play? just put then in the win category and call it good :p
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    I have 100 invites to give out, plus there's a website that gives the out, without the phone thing requirement........still don't see the big damn deal.....it's good for entering contests, because those list are always harvested by spamsuckers...
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    duckduckduckduckduckduck Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    This may be a rumor, but I heard the google is currently working on their own "paypal". Haha, it seems they want to compete with everybody.

If that's true, anyway. I personally hope it is - eBay/PayPal has gotten crooked and corrupt with its monopoly.
  • Options
    keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Check out google earth. I'm certain the map making people like terra server etc are pissed about that one. I have to admit, it is pretty cool and I'm addicted.
  • Options
    StarterStarter Member Posts: 169
    keatron wrote:
    Check out google earth. I'm certain the map making people like terra server etc are pissed about that one. I have to admit, it is pretty cool and I'm addicted.

It certainly is impressive. Even CNN was using the thing in its Katrina coverage..
  • Options
    darkmagicdarkmagic Member Posts: 127
    keatron wrote:

Yeah i use it too, awesome software mate icon_wink.gif
    321hahaha.jpg