Your favorite tech podcasts?

wweboywweboy Member Posts: 287 ■■■□□□□□□□
Anyone else listen to a lot of podcasts? what are your favorite ones relating to tech? I listen to a lot of the TWiT network of shows only TWiT, TNT, Windows Weekly that is about it

Comments

• brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    i tried listening to some tech podcasts, but i realized that my podcast time is time to escape...so i got away from them, pretty much all i listen to is comedy and a little bit of science/philosophy type stuff now.

The Joe Rogan Experience
    Adam Corrolla
    Star Talk w/ Neil deGrasse Tyson
    Freethought Radio

If I were to go back to look into a tech podcast, it'd have to be one that was a video cast as well.
  • Panzer919Panzer919 Member Posts: 462
    All the tech podcasts I have come across are mindnumbingly boring. I can watch techwise TV but thats because I am watching them do something.

Right now I only subscribe to no agenda.
    Cisco Brat Blog

I think “very senior” gets stuck in there because the last six yahoos that applied for the position couldn’t tell a packet from a Snickers bar.

Luck is where opportunity and proper planning meet

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
    Thomas A. Edison
  • Lord NikonLord Nikon Member Posts: 115
    The coolness round up... Sometimes they focus on apple products too much, but overall are very fun to listen to.
    "This is our world now. The world of the electron and the switch; the beauty of the baud. We exist without nationality, skin color, or religious bias. You wage wars, murder, ****, lie to us and try to make us believe it's for our own good, yet we're the criminals. Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. I am a hacker, and this is my manifesto. You may stop me, but you can't stop us all.."

• terryferaterryfera Member Posts: 71 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Like Asif Dasl said, Hak5 is interesting some weeks, Packet Pushers for networking, Security Now, and some random TWiT stuff.

My favourite though has to be CAGCast, it's a gaming podcast that's a little rough around the edges but thoroughly entertaining.
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Security Now and CyberSpeak are two of my favorites. I've also been watching/listening to Purdue's CERIAS Security Seminar podcasts.
  • grauwulfgrauwulf Member Posts: 94 ■■□□□□□□□□
    don't forget about pauldotcom.com those guys are hilarious, geeky, and occasionally informative.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    I completely missed this thread...

I listen to several podcasts on TWiT, including Security Now!, This Week in Tech, Ham Nation, and Leo Laporte The Tech Guy.

I listen to Tekzilla, Hack5, and KFIAM640 podcasts only if there's an episode topic that catches my interest.

My "escape from reality" podcast is No Agenda along with the JC Dvorak blog.

I use to listen to Buzz Out Loud and Diggnation, but those shows changed to much over the years that I lost interest.

I also tend to drift in an out of podcasts that don't publish episodes on a regular bases (as most of the computer forensics podcast do--or don't).

Oh--and I'm also addicted to AM talk radio, so I guess that leads to listening to (almost) commercial-free podcasts.
  • XantchaXantcha Member Posts: 64 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I don't listen to any. I find that I can't sit there just listening to a voice while doing nothing so I start working at the same time and then the podcast just becomes noise so I turn it off. icon_redface.gif
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    grauwulf wrote: »
    don't forget about pauldotcom.com those guys are hilarious, geeky, and occasionally informative.
    There's another one I stopped listening to for some unremembered reason. I'll have to pick it up again. Thanks.
  • jmreichajmreicha Member Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Linux Reality -- Linux
    Linux Action Show -- Linux news
    Podnutz Pro -- System administration
    My Hard Drive Died -- Everything Hard Drives
    Hak5 -- Hacking/Security
    Security Now -- Security
    Infosec Daily -- Security news
  • j_griffithj_griffith Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
    wweboy wrote: »
    Anyone else listen to a lot of podcasts? what are your favorite ones relating to tech? I listen to a lot of the TWiT network of shows only TWiT, TNT, Windows Weekly that is about it
    Car Radio died. Now use my smart phone to listen to Security Now! and The Tech Guy! during my commute. Can we call these CPE's?

Looking forward to trying some of the podcasts sited on this thread.
    WGU PROGRESS
    M.S Information Assurance and Security______ Completed: 0 CU's
    Start Date: October 2011 _ ______________________ _Remaining: 32 CU's

Goal for term ending 3/30/12 - EWOB1
    Courses Remaining / Term 2 Goal -
    Completed this term -
  • LoMoLoMo Banned Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Only a consumer tech one, This Is My Next Podcast. Everything else is gaming related:

Rebel FM
    Giant Bombcast
    Invisible Walls
    Can't Patch This
    Wake Up Shoryuken
  • ibcritnibcritn Member Posts: 340
    InfoSec Daily
    Pauldotcom Podcast

I either listen to this or some SANS training on my commute to work....uses commute time wisely.
    CISSP | GCIH | CEH | CNDA | LPT | ECSA | CCENT | MCTS | A+ | Net+ | Sec+

Next Up: Linux+/RHCSA, GCIA
  • nerdydadnerdydad Member Posts: 261
    Another + for packet pushers
    terryfera wrote: »
    Like Asif Dasl said, Hak5 is interesting some weeks, Packet Pushers for networking, Security .
  • Cpl.KlingerCpl.Klinger Member Posts: 159
    Used to subscribe to Off the Hook, but now that I've switched my main desktop to Linux only, I don't have iTunes to do that any more (what can I say, I'm lazy!). Once I settle on a music player I'll mine this thread for some new ideas.
    "If you can't fix it, you don't own it"
    "Great things have small beginnings."

• ozi83ozi83 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Home Server Show and BYOB podcasts
    The Home Server Show Podcast : Home Server Show - both are from this site.
  • idr0pidr0p Member Posts: 104
    I work at night so i listen to a lot of Podcast weekly

---
    Diggnation
    Foundation w/ Kevin Rose
    The Tech Guy
    Security Now
    Paul Dot Com
    Ted Talks
    The Big Web Show
    SANs ISC
    Network Security Podcast