Options

Where's my certificate!!!???

roninmagik1roninmagik1 Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi everyone, i passed the 70-270 on Wednesday, it's Saturday now, and i have received no email or anything from microsoft recognizing that i passed! Of course i have the paper they gave me after the test with my score and everything, but i am anxious to get my mcp id number so i can log on to the microsoft mcp site and check it out, i'm also anxious to get the certificate from microsoft, i think i'm gonna frame it!!! :D So to anyone out there who got their mcp, how long did it take before you got anything from microsoft? Also, did you guys/gals frame your mcp, what type of a frame? I'm looking around for a cool frame w/ a computer type dsign, maybe motherboard circuits or something! Thanks for any replies in advance, Jason!
A+, Network+, Bachelors Degree in Information Technology(I.T.)....my friend works 2 nights a week as a bartender and still makes more than me.....

Comments

• Options
    johnnynodoughjohnnynodough Member Posts: 634
    Hmmmmm, come on memory, work man.....its been over 4 years, so I may be wrong.....but I think it was at least a month before I got my MCP welcome kit, which has the cert, pin, paperwork, all that good stuff.

Framing certs, I did for my certs up to the point when my "I love me" wall began looking really tacky, mostly because you couldnt see a wall anymore icon_lol.gif I just get the certs and file them away now. Only thing I have displayed are my college diplomas.

But for sure be proud of what you did and hang that sucker up, Im more of a classful guy myself, so I just used black/gold border frames.
    Go Hawks - 7 and 2

2 games againts San Fran coming up, oh yeah baby, why even play? just put then in the win category and call it good :p
  • Options
    jmc724jmc724 Member Posts: 415
    You need to create a profile on the mcp site. In there you can request that you cert to be sent to you. When that is done, you will be given a MCP id to which you can track your cert or simply send an email to mcphelp@microsoft.com. You can login into the mcp site with your passport profile.
    What next?
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,026 Admin
    All of my (few) certs are in (cheap) frames that I bought at Walmart. You can't beat a $3.00 frame crafted by $3.00/day Chinese labor.
  • Options
    jdog29jdog29 Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yep, I waited like two weeks and no email from microsoft. What I did was create acount at the MCP site and then emailed mcphelp@microsoft.com stating that I passed on this date, at this location, and all other information of that paper. They emailed me a few days later and provided me with my ID number.

Then I went back to the MCP member site and logged in with my MCP ID number and signed up for them to ship me my welcome kit. Which I just got a few weeks back. All in all I think it took me close to two months for me to get my welcome kit. I am now happy and got my MCP ID and card.

Good Luck

JDog29
  • Options
    jescabjescab Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,321
    it is like the check "in the mail"

BTW - what is the link to the mcp site
    GO STEELERS GO - STEELERS RULE
  • Options
    Thanks for the tips everyone, if its taken as long as a mongth for some people, then i'm not going to stress out, hehe, "the cert is in the mail", :P , i emailed them anyhow, because i do want to know what my microsoft MCP ID is going to be, i take the 70-290 on the 30th, and i want to make sure that all the tests get linked to the same id. =)

mcp link site is

https://mcp.microsoft.com/Authenticate/Migrate/Migrate.aspx?ReturnUrl=https://mcp.microsoft.com/mcp/default.aspx?
    A+, Network+, Bachelors Degree in Information Technology(I.T.)....my friend works 2 nights a week as a bartender and still makes more than me.....
  • Options
    duct boyduct boy Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    hi roninmagik1 just a quick question for you off topic
    Im going to be doing my 70-290 soon i too have recently passed my 70-270 , i was just wondering is there alot of the same material in the 70-290 ,

cheers :)
  • Options
    It's funny you should ask that, but i was doing a quick study session with the transcender, and I found that the transcender questions for the 70-290 were similiar to the 70-270!! I hear that the 290 is WAAAY tougher than the 270 though, so i'm sure the difficulty or complexity level of the questions on the 290 will be alot higher!