Options

Passed, Piece of Cake

ITVinceITVince Member Posts: 143
Passed Security+ this morning with 881/900 piece of cake. My B.Sc degree in Comp Security def contributed...however I also attended a 1 week New Horizons course (which was horrible btw do not recommend them..sorry...for $2,000 I should get much more then someone reading a book to me, I didnt pay though, company did) then I also watched all cbt nuggets...prob about 60 hrs or so between the 40 hrs course and 10 hrs cbt nuggets and 10 hrs of practice tests...exam was simple. On tot he next one...icon_study.gif
Currently studying for:
MCTS 70-642 Network Infrastructure

Comments

• Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    LoMoLoMo Banned Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations.
  • Options
    SamLea27SamLea27 Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    ITVince wrote: »
    Passed Security+ this morning with 881/900 piece of cake. My B.Sc degree in Comp Security def contributed...however I also attended a 1 week New Horizons course (which was horrible btw do not recommend them..sorry...for $2,000 I should get much more then someone reading a book to me, I didnt pay though, company did) then I also watched all cbt nuggets...prob about 60 hrs or so between the 40 hrs course and 10 hrs cbt nuggets and 10 hrs of practice tests...exam was simple. On tot he next one...icon_study.gif
    Nice job! But Holy Cow on the $2,000!!! At least the company paid for it, I wouldn't spend more than a few hundred on training myself, but thats just me I suppose
  • Options
    QHaloQHalo Member Posts: 1,488
    SamLea27 wrote: »
    Nice job! But Holy Cow on the $2,000!!! At least the company paid for it, I wouldn't spend more than a few hundred on training myself, but thats just me I suppose

The $30 book from Darril Gibson seems to suffice so many on this board. Save the rest of your money for hookers and blow after the pass IMHO.

Grats on the pass, gl on the next one.
  • Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    QHalo wrote: »
    The $30 book from Darril Gibson seems to suffice so many on this board. Save the rest of your money for hookers and blow after the pass IMHO.

Grats on the pass, gl on the next one.

A little crude but I take your point. People seem to be reading one book and nuking this test in a week.
  • Options
    ITVinceITVince Member Posts: 143
    Time to work on more difficult certifications at this point in my career. CompTIA is good for beginners but I find myself disappointed when studying for the A+ and Sec+ All A+ material was basically covered with on the job work as a helpdesk tech, and sec+ was covered with my undergrad degree. A lot of theory behind Sec+ which is a great start but im ready to begin implementing. Perhaps i'll gear more towards finsihing my MCITP or go towards CCNA
    Currently studying for:
    MCTS 70-642 Network Infrastructure