Passed 7/05/2011!!!!!!!!!

rburns67rburns67 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
802/900

And guess what?

I had to subnet! Without giving to much away the question basically said so-and-so needs between 4000-6000 nodes on a single network which of the following subnets would work for him? I don't remember the whole question and forget some of the answers available and I might have gotten it wrong but sure enough after reading about how no one had to do it, I got the question /headdesk:D.

That being said I had brushed up on it yesterday but I'm still not great at it.

Comments

• descender421descender421 Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I test on Saturday the 9th. I'm actually hoping I get a couple of subnetting questions as I finally "get it" lol.
  • ibcritnibcritn Member Posts: 340
    Congrats! Good luck to you in your future goals. If you plan to head the Cisco route --- you better love subnetting :)
    CISSP | GCIH | CEH | CNDA | LPT | ECSA | CCENT | MCTS | A+ | Net+ | Sec+

Next Up: Linux+/RHCSA, GCIA
  • MT0911MT0911 Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Great job! It always feels good to pass an exam. Keep working hard. icon_thumright.gif
    CompTIA: A+, Network+, Security+
    Cisco: CCENT, CCNA, CCDA, CCNA: Wireless
    In Progress: CCNP
  • descender421descender421 Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I had that exact subnetting question and I took my test yesterday. Got a 824 even though I had marked like 15 or so questions throughout the test that I wasn't quite sure of. That made it kind of nerve racking, but oh well; congrats again and up next for me in 4 weeks is Security+.
  • Homer JHomer J Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats I am thinking of going after this cert, but it has been along time since I have have taken any comptia tests. I passed the A+ back in 1998. icon_lol.gif
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • bllizzardbllizzard Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats .Was it difficult the exam from a scale 1-10?Did you get more scenario based questions or straight questions?I am studying subnetting cuz I am thinking this is the only thing which i am not sure 100%.
  • ccnaomkarccnaomkar Member Posts: 187 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • rizwanbabarrizwanbabar Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Great i want to