Windows Vista

AlienAlien Member Posts: 398
I was checking out exam info at Microsoft website when i came across some info on the new Windows Vista. I'd heard about Longhorn but Vista is new to me. MS says the beta version is out already so i'm curious if anyone has tried it out.
Hard times on planet earth.

Comments

• evanderburgevanderburg Member Posts: 229 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Visa is Longhorn. Vista Beta 1 is available to MSDN and TechNet subscribers. Here is a preview of it. http://www.winsupersite.com/reviews/winvista_beta1_01.asp
    "You can never know everything and part of what you know is always wrong. Perhaps even the most important part. A portion of wisdom lies in knowing that. A portion of courage lies in going on anyway. " - Lan, Winter's Heart by Robert Jordan
  • AlienAlien Member Posts: 398
    Thanks for the refresh and the link proved very informative. I have been out of touch with Microsoft and didnt realise Vista is Longhorn (Silly me). It looks like a pimped up version of XP or 2003. I assume this Microsoft are going to update their certs soon and discontinue some. I hope the MCSE 2000 track is not targeted for discontinuation.
    Hard times on planet earth.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Alien wrote:
    I hope the MCSE 2000 track is not targeted for discontinuation.
    Every exam and certification track has a target date for expiration, but none are currently advertised for Windows 2000 MCSE.

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/requirements.asp

They'll probably start talking about phasing it out once Vista has been successfully adopted by MS users for a couple of years.
  • darkmagicdarkmagic Member Posts: 127
    Good & informative link there "evanderburg"
    321hahaha.jpg
  • keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Yeah, Vista came in my September shipment from Technet. I have it on a laptop. So far, so good. Cool interface (you get the same feeling you got when going from 2000 to XP in that regard).

I'll post more as I delve into it.
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    On a side note, here's a link to a site with screenshot of many current an older operating systems:
    icon_arrow.gifwww.guidebookgallery.org/screenshots
  • evanderburgevanderburg Member Posts: 229 ■■■□□□□□□□
    That site was a nice walk down memory lane. Thanks!
    "You can never know everything and part of what you know is always wrong. Perhaps even the most important part. A portion of wisdom lies in knowing that. A portion of courage lies in going on anyway. " - Lan, Winter's Heart by Robert Jordan
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    That is a great site! I remember when Amiga Workbench 2.0 looked so new. And those colors on Windows 1.0 remind me of when I used to run it back in the mid-eighties on the very first clone PC I ever bought. I thought that it looked very modern European, actually. I never did much with Windows until Windows 386 was released, but it was still interesting to play with. It took Windows 95 for me to finally stop using Norton Commander.
  • mobri09mobri09 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 723
    excellent website www.guidebookgallery.com! Thank you :D
  • paige1paige1 Member Posts: 117
    That site was a nice walk down memory lane. Thanks!
    Speaking of memory lane, I can remember around the time Win 3.1 and DOS were popular. Software Manufacturers had to make 2 versions of everything they made. One for Windows and one for DOS!

(DOS was the Disk Operating System, and nobody really knew what to call Windows) :D
    Self-confidence is the first requisite to great undertakings.

Samuel Johnson