What to suspect in TSHOOT

rtrefzrtrefz Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi everyone. I recently passed my ROUTE exam (2/11 860/1000, after my 4th try) and my SWITCH exam (5/11 792/1000, after my 2nd time). Any tips on the TSHOOT exam? Sounds like it is a lot more scenarios nstead of other questions. Am right?

Thanks.

PS: I'm finding the TSHOOT book from Cisco interesting. A lot of pearls of wisdom in there.

Comments

• SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    Make sure your familiar with the topics in both Route and Switch, know what the proper configuration is. In TSHOOT it's broke or mis-configured you'll need to know where to look at and what to look for.

Best of luck to you, 1 more exam and your CCNP.
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS
  • creamy_stewcreamy_stew Member Posts: 406 ■■■□□□□□□□
    rtrefz wrote: »
    Hi everyone. I recently passed my ROUTE exam (2/11 860/1000, after my 4th try) and my SWITCH exam (5/11 792/1000, after my 2nd time). Any tips on the TSHOOT exam? Sounds like it is a lot more scenarios nstead of other questions. Am right?

Thanks.

PS: I'm finding the TSHOOT book from Cisco interesting. A lot of pearls of wisdom in there.

Make sure you practice setting up the TShoot network topology! It's available from cisco. Many people are saying that the Tshoot book isn't necessary or even very relevant to the Tshoot exam.
    Itchy... Tasty!
    [X] DCICN
    [X] IINS

[ ] CCDA
    [ ] DCICT
  • shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    If you know how to go up the stack you will be able to figure out the majority of the problems. If you are an experienced NOC engineer you will find this insanely easy.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • NOC-NinjaNOC-Ninja Member Posts: 1,403
    Don't underestimate this test. I think its one of the toughest test that I took.
    I was pressured as soon as the clock start running. You have to be VERY knowledgeable in the config to be able to figure it out. Experience is the key.
  • esswokesswok Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You need to log into your CISCO account

to see the following links

you have to go hear it is great!

TSHOOT Demo Item < it is CISCO it is not cheeting

go here to

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/docs/DOC-6738 <- here they tell you about the exact topology for the exam

^^^^ here to this is CISCO it is not cheeting^^^^

>>>>search kevin wallace on UTUBE<<<<<

he has a video and watch it over and over until you realize his give away. <- that give away saved me on 1 question,
    I do not think that he realize what he says >>>> KEVIN WALLACE.<<<<< utube.

>>>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Bo4Pw82G2M >>> I study everything nothing is a waste of time just do it<<<<,
  • nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    i found this test to be quite easy (but one of the more enjoyable exam experiences) especially with being able to look at the topology off of cisco's site ahead of time. just brush up on the topics from route and switch that are relevant to the topology and you should be fine.
    WIP: IPS exam
  • esswokesswok Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    i found this test to be quite easy (but one of the more enjoyable exam experiences) especially with being able to look at the topology off of cisco's site ahead of time. just brush up on the topics from route and switch that are relevant to the topology and you should be fine.

yeah it was easy for you I remember you say your score it was 1000,, well i gotta 982 and I thought it was hard. But your correct it was very exciting!
  • nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    being able to compare configs between different tickets made it almost too easy in my opinion especially after making it through route and switch already which were grueling.
    WIP: IPS exam
  • TesseracTTesseracT Member Posts: 167
    The way I got through it was to create the whole network in Dynamips/GNS3. Save a base network config and build it up. I got to the point where I could build the whole Layer 2, Layer 3 and IPv6 network without even looking at the diagram for IP addresses. This will give you heaps of confidence on the actual TShoot topology being tested and a sense of familiarity that will really help in troubleshooting the tickets.

my 2 cents
  • rtrefzrtrefz Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks everyone. I had the exam yesterday, and passed (890).
  • Chris_Chris_ Member Posts: 326
    Congrats, me too - looks like yesterday was the day for TSHOOT!
    Going all out for Voice. Don't worry Data; I'll never forget you
    :study: CVoice [X] CIPT 1 [ ] CIPT 2 [ ] CAPPS [ ] TVOICE [ ]