Starting To Study For = CCNA: Wireless

MT0911MT0911 Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
Well, It's time for me to begin working on CCNA: Wireless. I hope to be ready for the exam by the beginning of next month (which I don't think will be that difficult; knock on wood). I deal a lot with Cisco wireless technologies on a day-to-day basis so I'm pretty familiar with getting around here and there. I just started studying; I'm using CBTNuggets (1 month subscription) and I'll pick up the Official Cisco Certification Study Book once I get through the videos to do a recap on everything (mostly just to skim through and pick up on areas where I want to give more attention). I've already watched the first 3 videos of the CBT Nuggets series and I'm pretty happy since so far from the introduction it looks like almost everything covered I am pretty familiar with.

After this I will be on the track to getting CWNA and then CCNP will follow afterwords. icon_thumright.gif

Time to study icon_study.gif.
CompTIA: A+, Network+, Security+
Cisco: CCENT, CCNA, CCDA, CCNA: Wireless
In Progress: CCNP

Comments

• SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    Good luck!
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS
  • MT0911MT0911 Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    SteveO86 wrote: »
    Good luck!

Thanks! I've already gone through 9 out of the 20 videos (cbtnuggets) and I'm enjoying it thoroughly. Wireless is one of the things I work with at my job quite often and I've always been interested in diving deeper into the subject. Almost everything I've covered so far, I already know but I'm thinking I might go ahead and jump on CCNP Wireless after CCNP just to build off of this.

Still icon_study.gif'ing and preparing for the exam. My ideal goal is to take this exam on the 27th of July. icon_thumright.gif
    I've glanced at the CCNP: Wireless outline and it covers a lot more then the WLC/AP in the CCNA: Wireless.

Wireless certainly and interesting field for me, so if it's your passion full steam ahead. icon_thumright.gif
    My Networking blog
    I've glanced at the CCNP: Wireless outline and it covers a lot more then the WLC/AP in the CCNA: Wireless.

Wireless certainly and interesting field for me, so if it's your passion full steam ahead. icon_thumright.gif

Thanks man! Wireless really is a topic that interests me mainly because of the technologies and differences compared to a wired network. I see you're studying for the CWNA; Best of luck to you! I'll be going that route once I complete CCNA: Wireless just so I can get the bigger picture. Then I'll move on to CCNP. I've too glanced at CCNP: Wireless and it looks to be a lot more involved but that is expected. I'm thinking that I'll feel pretty well rounded once I get CCNA: Wireless and CWNA so once CCNP is done, CCNP: Wireless might be the next step but I'm just playing it by ear. Always good to learn icon_study.gif

icon_thumright.gif
    Had to push off the test day a couple weeks due to work. But I just scheduled the exam for the 8th of August (only 4 days). Hopefully all goes well! icon_thumright.gif
    Be positive and confident!

Let us know how you do.
    My Networking blog
    Well I just got back from taking the exam......

And I passed ! It's always a good feeling. I felt pretty good about it when I initially went in but I always make sure I am well prepared.

This is how I studied:

1. I go through the exam objectives to understand what concepts and main topics I need to focus on.

2. CBT Nuggets (watch 1 time through slowly to understand concepts)

3. CBT Nuggets (watch 2nd time through even slower and took massive notes - literally 57 full pages, drawing, etc)

4. Reviewed exam objectives and used goodle/wiki to fill in blanks on certain topics then add that information to my notes

5. Read and review my notes until I practically memorize it.

6. Read through objectives once more and run through everything in my head.

I learn a lot better with an instructor or Cbt videos. That training plan plus just dealing with a lot of it at work helps me grasp the concepts and that helps a lot for the tests. On to the next certification !
    Congrats!!
    icon_cheers.gif
    My Networking blog
    Congrats!!
    icon_cheers.gif

Thanks! icon_thumright.gif
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_cheers.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
    Congrats on pass!! icon_cheers.gif

Thanks! icon_cheers.gif