Life Time A+ Renew or not

KillermacKillermac Member Posts: 93 ■■□□□□□□□□
I just was wondering if it is time for me to consider redoing my A+ I have my lifetime A+ from 2002. I decided to take some practice tests around the web and if they are any indication I think I could take on this sucker with a book and all my years of Help desk and server support. I just wonder if it is really worth doing it. Any suggestions or feelings?icon_confused.gif:
Killermac :)
A+;Net+;XP,MCP, Security+, Win 7: 70-680

Comments

• EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Are you going to benefit from doing it? It's an entry level cert and you dont appear to be entry level.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • KillermacKillermac Member Posts: 93 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Essendon wrote: »
    Are you going to benefit from doing it? It's an entry level cert and you don't appear to be entry level.

Not really but current government contracts are looking at it and say that it needs to be current and I just have to laugh. I am willing to do it if they are 100% dead set on it.
  • WafflesAndRootbeerWafflesAndRootbeer Member Posts: 555
    Killermac wrote: »
    Not really but current government contracts are looking at it and say that it needs to be current and I just have to laugh. I am willing to do it if they are 100% dead set on it.

It is mandatory for support contractors in general, even in the private industry.
  • LoMoLoMo Banned Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    If they pay for it, why not?
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I think you answered your own question. Is there a point to renewing it? Not really. But if they demand it then go for it.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • KillermacKillermac Member Posts: 93 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    I think you answered your own question. Is there a point to renewing it? Not really. But if they demand it then go for it.
    Yea I just wish that the lifetime actually meant something. But I guess it is just showing that you are still competent in the industry.