Options

Suggestions: Which exam to take?

I have a voucher to use and I'm not 100% sold on which exam I should take with it.

Currently I have to certifications listed by my avatar, but to expand on that my MCITP is as follows:

MCITP: Server Admin
MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7

Initially I hadn't planned on doing the MCITP: EA, but since I have this voucher I might consider it now. What I'm really torn on, is whether or not to use the voucher to take a SharePoint exam... Since I've gotten a lot of calls on it recently from recruiters.

I have some SharePoint experience and think it might be more interesting to study than the EA exams for me, but I'm not sure which path really would be more rewarding and interesting in the long run.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    SykkSykk Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    IMO these two are pretty pointless.. As an IT administrator you're generally expected to be able to deal with desktop support (Should you take the networking route) - Having server side exams behind you is a big + in comparison.. So I'd recommend SA then onto EA.
    [√] 70-640 - 21/07/2011
    [ ] 70-642 - Currently reading Exam 70-642 Configuring Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure
  • Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    Sykk: Thank you for the reply. I think that you might have misunderstood my post.

I'm not really asking about the following.

I already have those, they are more of a novelty that came with passing some Beta exams. I also already have the SA. I was just throwing those in there to illustrate that I have a couple MCITP designations. I believe my signature doesn't differentiate between any, so I wanted to be clear that I was specifically asking about the EA.

My question really is regarding the long term benefits of going with the EA versus the SharePoint MCITP.

Thank you for your suggestions.