Options

CCNA/W anybody at it?

semangkasemangka Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
Currently studying for CCNA/W and enjoying it very much, this is fun stuff (can wait to do a site-survey ;). I did CCIE RS written before this and its a welcome diversion beforing getting into hardcore lab preparation.

Using Cisco official certification guide (its ok), and watching the CBT series (they are light as usual, not adding so much) and finally reading the official course guide with i think provide excellent information (should have started with this).

I have access to a (real) WLC with 6 APs so that helps overall, if you do dont have acces the CBT might help to get feel for wlc gui.

Anyone else on this track and/or CCNP/W?

Should schedule exam end next week orso.

Comments

• Options
    MT0911MT0911 Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm going to start studying up for it beginning next week. I, too am looking forward to it and I'm sure it will be very enjoyable. I work a lot with wireless at work and it'll be nice to have a certification that backs up the knowledge. Good luck whenever you end up taking it!
    CompTIA: A+, Network+, Security+
    Cisco: CCENT, CCNA, CCDA, CCNA: Wireless
    In Progress: CCNP
  • Options
    semangkasemangka Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I sure helps if you access to 'real' equipment ;)

Did test last Friday and it a PASS for me icon_cheers.gif

Taking small break and then on with CCNPW.....
  • Options
    MT0911MT0911 Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    semangka wrote: »
    I sure helps if you access to 'real' equipment ;)

Did test last Friday and it a PASS for me icon_cheers.gif

Taking small break and then on with CCNPW.....

Congrats man! icon_cheers.gif

On a side note, yes it actually is a huge help having access to "real" equipment. I primarily use WCS to manage/monitor all the controller's/ap's so reading and reviewing it for the exam is a breeze. I feel pretty good about it and plan on taking the exam on the 27th of this month. Just brushing up on all the details. I'm planning on going for CCNP next and before I jump on CCNP:W, I think I'll go for CWNA. Wireless is definitely a technology that has my interest right now!

And once again, Congratulations! Good luck on CCNP:W, I'll be looking forward to hearing your results icon_thumright.gif.
    CompTIA: A+, Network+, Security+
    Cisco: CCENT, CCNA, CCDA, CCNA: Wireless
    In Progress: CCNP
  • Options
    SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    Congrats on the pass!
    Good luck on your CCNP: Wireless
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS