More study material, different approach?

lordylordy Member Posts: 632 ■■■■□□□□□□
Dear all,

I have been studying for the ITIL Foundations exam for roughly 6 weeks now (on and off). I have read the official OGC guide, multiple PDFs and I have real-world ITIL experience.

After doing all the mock tests I could find (mainly on the ITskeptic site) it seems that I make the passing score on most of them but only barely. Getting 28-30 of 40 questions correct just doesn't feel good.

Do you have any advice on other material that I could use? Or maybe do I need to change my approach?

Your comments are appreciated icon_smile.gif
Working on CCNP: [X] SWITCH --- [ ] ROUTE --- [ ] TSHOOT
Goal for 2014: RHCA
Goal for 2015: CCDP

Comments

• Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Hi lordy

You may have done this already so apologies if so.

It could be worth grabbing a copy of the Foundation syllabus from here:
    http://www.itil-officialsite.com/Qualifications/ITILQualificationLevels/ITILFoundation.aspx

and analysing it to see if there are any areas you're not comfortable with? It may be that you find the questions you're not performing so well on are related to a specific area, and you can target some extra study towards it.

Claire
  • lordylordy Member Posts: 632 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks for the link, Claire.

I took their sample test and scored 34 of 40 which is what I am aiming for.

I think I will just go over the all the mock tests again, take notes on the questions I answered wrong, redo the test and see how I improved. Going through this cycle two or three times should make everything stick icon_smile.gif
    Working on CCNP: [X] SWITCH --- [ ] ROUTE --- [ ] TSHOOT
    Goal for 2014: RHCA
    Goal for 2015: CCDP
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    lordy wrote: »
    Thanks for the link, Claire.

I took their sample test and scored 34 of 40 which is what I am aiming for.

I think I will just go over the all the mock tests again, take notes on the questions I answered wrong, redo the test and see how I improved. Going through this cycle two or three times should make everything stick icon_smile.gif

Lordy just take your time I think you'll do fine.

What publications are you studying?