Options

Recommended books for BSCI

johnnynodoughjohnnynodough Member Posts: 634
Time to spend the companies money again icon_lol.gif

Any recomendations for CCNP books, specifically BSCI would be greatly appreciated. I already have CCNP BSCI Exam Certification Guide (Cisco Press, Clare Gough) and CCNP Self-Study: Building Scalable Cisco Internetworks (BSCI), Second Edition (Cisco Press).

But you know me, I am Mr. Multiple sources, so any others that are tried and true would be super.
Go Hawks - 7 and 2

2 games againts San Fran coming up, oh yeah baby, why even play? just put then in the win category and call it good :p

Comments

• Options
    kplabkplab Member Posts: 101
    We have published a CCNP BSCI study guide recently. You can download a free sample chapter at here:

http://www.kp-lab.com/download.htm
    KPLAB
    www.kp-lab.com - Free CCNA, CCNP, and Network+ Study Guides
  • Options
    wildfirewildfire Member Posts: 654
    Jonny, Cisco pracitcal studies: Routing, is a good book and all based around prcatcial labs for BSCI, I would read your Ciscopress, I have the exam certification guides I never know which is better, but I know that the exam guides expect you to know certain things where as the self studys dont. Boson CCNP also has some good labs in it to follow.
    To be honest though I think have enough, I started reading the sybex bsci origionally and it has half the information missing!
    Looking for CCIE lab study partnerts, in the UK or Online.
  • Options
    johnnynodoughjohnnynodough Member Posts: 634
    Thanks for your input KP and WIld, yea I already pretty much decided to steer clear of Sybex for the rest of my Cisco studies, they are terrific for MS, but Cisco just doesnt seem like there bag.

Ill check out that study guide KP.
    Go Hawks - 7 and 2

2 games againts San Fran coming up, oh yeah baby, why even play? just put then in the win category and call it good :p
  • Options
    YankeeYankee Member Posts: 157
    I always liked picking up the CCIE level books to supplement the exam study books. In this case Doyle's TCP/IP Vol I and II would help and they come in handy as reference material later.

Yankee
  • Options
    matlmatl Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Is Doyle's TCP/IP Vol 1 still good even if it got published in 1998?
  • Options
    matlmatl Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I just saw on Amazon that a 2nd Edition is coming October 19, I think i'll wait before buying it.