Piece of practical advice for those taking IINS

EastDallasEastDallas Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
I just passed IINS on July 3 (With a 955), and I have one piece of advice for anyone taking it. If you've ever had a hard time reading anything or have any hint that you *might* ever have needed reading glasses, go buy a cheap pair at the grocery store and take them with you. I don't want to get into why, because it may violate disclosure, but anyone else who has taken the exam knows exactly what I'm talking about.

I've never had to use reading glasses, but this is the lowest I scored on any Cisco exam, and it's a real possibility that I would have gotten a couple of more questions right had I brought reading glasses.

Still happy with my performance, but it could mean the difference between pass and fail for someone else.

crash.gif

Comments

• BrizoHBrizoH Member Posts: 73 ■■■□□□□□□□
    True, I took the exam last week and know exactly what you mean
  • viper75viper75 Member Posts: 726 ■■■■□□□□□□
    EastDallas wrote: »
    I just passed IINS on July 3 (With a 955), and I have one piece of advice for anyone taking it. If you've ever had a hard time reading anything or have any hint that you *might* ever have needed reading glasses, go buy a cheap pair at the grocery store and take them with you. I don't want to get into why, because it may violate disclosure, but anyone else who has taken the exam knows exactly what I'm talking about.

crash.gif

LMAO!!!

I know exactly what you are taking about. LOL...
    CCNP Security - DONE!
    CCNP R&S - In Progress...
    CCIE Security - Future...
  • tha_dubtha_dub Member Posts: 262
    I agree... I haven't taken this one yet but I have had the, "hard to see details" experience. I'm not so sure about reading glasses though. I have my vision checked once a year so far always perfect but the diagrams are just fuzzy. Is Cisco having to over compress things because they can't push the bandwidth of those giant jpg's? ;)
  • phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    EastDallas wrote: »
    I just passed IINS on July 3 (With a 955)...this is the lowest I scored on any Cisco exam

Huh? 955 isn't really a low score.
  • benbuiltpcbenbuiltpc Member Posts: 80 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Great job on the pass, and I agree - I think they wanted to simulate real life stress encountered while diagnosing firewall issues ;)
  • EastDallasEastDallas Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I know 955 isn't low, but it's low for me! (I won't tell you how quickly I finished, because that would just be bragging...) icon_wink.gif

When I finished, I thought I had a perfect score. I think all of the questions I missed were because of those damn tiny low quality images!