Options

IP SLA Jitter Monitor

Hey all,

I setup sla jitter monitor on a few routers and it works great. Also imported it into OpenNMS for graphing and alert functionality. However, I have people that work at home and was wondering if there was a way I could setup a client PC to act as an SLA peer. So I could then track the at home users VoIP quality over our VPN.

If SLA can't do this, is there any other way of achieving the goal?

Comments

• Options
    shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    Its over the internet I wouldn't even bother too many variables that you have no control over. I get tickets everyday from people who want me to troubleshoot there voice quality over the internet(even though we tell them in there contract that we won't T/S Quality problems over the internet).
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • Options
    burbankmarcburbankmarc Member Posts: 460
    Well we're a call center so call quality is important. We don't usually have too many problems, but I'd like to get an alarm when quality is bad for an agent. That way I can have their manager tell them "Either come into the office or get off the phone and call your ISP". That way we don't have to hear from the customer that the agent was unintelligible.

I'm just trying to be more proactive. The IP SLA is exactly what I would need, I just wish they had a client that could run in the background of a PC, instead of router only.
  • Options
    shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    Well we're a call center so call quality is important. We don't usually have too many problems, but I'd like to get an alarm when quality is bad for an agent. That way I can have their manager tell them "Either come into the office or get off the phone and call your ISP". That way we don't have to hear from the customer that the agent was unintelligible.

I'm just trying to be more proactive. The IP SLA is exactly what I would need, I just wish they had a client that could run in the background of a PC, instead of router only.

I support thousands of agents around the area across different clients and trying to monitor agents who are over the internet you are just asking yourself to deal with problem you don't have time for. While it would be great if you could just bring up a monitor and check the agents stats, its easy to have them just run a internet speed test and check for problems there. While the information is generic it will tell you if they are getting close to the speeds "they can reach up too". As I said everyone's situation is different so you may have the time to cook up a solution, but for remote agents its just not worth the time and effort to work on something you don't have control over.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related