Options

passed CCNA...going for CCNP

osijoeosijoe Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all,

I have been reading the forums for quite a bit, but brand new to posting.
I passed my CCNA a couple of days ago, and now concentrating on CCNP - Route.
Just wanted to stop by and say hello.

Cheers,
Osijoe

Comments

• Options
    lochmoighlochmoigh Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats.
    Currently Reading:
    ICND2 Official Exam Guide
    Second Edition Wendell Odom
    CCNA: Cisco Certified Network Associate Study Guide: Exam 640-802
    31 days Before your CCNA Allan Johnson
    Network Warrior: Everything you need to know that wasn't on the CCNA exam Gary A. Donahue

Looking for IT openings in East TN
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats on the pass and good luck on your studies!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    MrBrianMrBrian Member Posts: 520
    Nice job on the CCNA! I'm in the same boat, as having just passed my CCNA last Friday. I'm now into the my ROUTE studies full boar! Taking it head on!

I'm finding there's a lot of intricate things you can do with eigrp and ospf that the ccna doesn't delve into (as expected). There's really quite a bit to OSPF lol, where EIGRP seems much simpler. Anyways good luck to you, and let's knock this thing out!
    Currently reading: Internet Routing Architectures by Halabi
  • Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    When do you plan on finishing ROUTE? I would like to have it done in October.
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    Chris_Chris_ Member Posts: 326
    Congrats on the pass and good luck with the CCNP studies.
    Going all out for Voice. Don't worry Data; I'll never forget you
    :study: CVoice [X] CIPT 1 [ ] CIPT 2 [ ] CAPPS [ ] TVOICE [ ]
  • Options
    osijoeosijoe Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□

If I could, I would like to be done with the entire CCNP in two months....now let's get back to reality....lol...I'm expecting to be able to sit for the Route exam around the end of August....I hope icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    osijoe wrote: »
    If I could, I would like to be done with the entire CCNP in two months....now let's get back to reality....lol...I'm expecting to be able to sit for the Route exam around the end of August....I hope icon_cheers.gif

CCNP by the EOY? Hardcore. How much exp do you have? You and I are in the same boat icon_cheers.gif
  • Options

For me, I'm shooting for the end of August. This is, granted, I am a college student, and do not have summer classes. I have been taking pride in studying no less than 6 hrs a day (for the last 4 days at least). I look at it like I'm going to work, lol
  • Options
    Damn you guys are killing me. Well as long as I can get CCNP done by the end of the year I will feel happy lol. At the very least, route and switch (and CWNA). We should start a ROUTE study group (but you guys are way ahead of me).
  • Options
    Damn you guys are killing me. Well as long as I can get CCNP done by the end of the year I will feel happy lol. At the very least, route and switch (and CWNA). We should start a ROUTE study group (but you guys are way ahead of me).

Yea man starting some kind of study group where we can bounce ideas off each other, or have one of us explain a concept to the others if they have a little bit of a better grasp of it, would be awesome! The forums are more or less like this, but if you're thinking like me, probably thinking more real time. (like chat or something, where we join at a certain time?) Osijoe, or anyone else, would you be interested in this too?

Anyways, I just started ROUTE so I'm probably not too far ahead. My theory is that I'll go through the whole book once and highlight main points. After the first go around I'll have a BASIC understanding, maybe 20% knowledge. And going through the material a second time while heavily labbing should pin down the ideas. Then just seeing where I'm at.

I'll go ahead and add you as a friend.
  • Options
    Sounds good to me. I have a rough list and 2 final purchases I need to make but I plan to use these:

I own these:
    Routing TCP/IP vol I+II
    TCP/IP Guide
    CBTs
    Ipv6 Essentials

I need these:
    Route FLG
    Lab Manual

My lab is 4 2610xm series routes, 1 1721 and 2 2950s. I think that will be more than enough to get me through. If not I have some 2851s at work I can play with. I know I won't make it through all of the books but I aim to read all of the FLG and parts of Routing TCP/IP I+II. The others will simply be for additional knowledge but I also plan to make it through the IPV6 book as well.
  • Options
    bigmantenorbigmantenor Member Posts: 233
    Congrats on the pass! Keep up the good work.
  • Options
    rtrefzrtrefz Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congradulations!
  • Options
    choobysoochoobysoo Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congrats on the pass. Good luck with the new exam. How long did you study for CCNA and how much exp do you have before the test?
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations on earning your CCNA!! icon_cheers.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!