702 Passed Today

ABNNBCABNNBC Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
Passed my 702 test today after taking the 701 last week. For me the 702 was more difficult. There were several questions I wasn’t sure about, but most can be narrowed down to two answers and then use your best judgment. Whew, now on to Network+.

Comments

• AU5AU5 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Did either of 701 or 702 focus more on outdated technologies than current stuff? A lot of the practice exams I've been taking seem to ask the most irrelevant questions about outdated technologies. I understand some questions like that, but I'm just curious as to how many of the questions asked are fairly current.

Thanks!
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! icon_cheers.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • ABNNBCABNNBC Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    AU5 wrote: »
    Did either of 701 or 702 focus more on outdated technologies than current stuff? A lot of the practice exams I've been taking seem to ask the most irrelevant questions about outdated technologies. I understand some questions like that, but I'm just curious as to how many of the questions asked are fairly current.

Thanks!

I guess it depends on how you define outdated. To a lot of people XP is outdated, but I saw a poll recently that said XP makes up between 37-52% of the market share. Like the objectives list, know XP, Vista, and 7 and a little about 2000. I don’t remember many questions about 7 or 2000, but certainly know XP & Vista pretty well and the differences between them.
  • bigmantenorbigmantenor Member Posts: 233

Thanks!

Have you been taking practice exams which you paid for, or the free variety (proprofs, etc.)? If they are the free variety, I am not surprised that the questions seem dated.
    Congrats on pass OP!!!
  • AU5AU5 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Have you been taking practice exams which you paid for, or the free variety (proprofs, etc.)? If they are the free variety, I am not surprised that the questions seem dated.

Good point. I've been taking the paid practice tests, studying them, then retaking in "Final Mode" and passing in the high 90% range (primarily due to memorization of the question/answer, which worries me). I stumbled across some free practice tests on-line and there were quite a few OLD hardware questions/OS questions.
    Good point. I've been taking the paid practice tests, studying them, then retaking in "Final Mode" and passing in the high 90% range (primarily due to memorization of the question/answer, which worries me). I stumbled across some free practice tests on-line and there were quite a few OLD hardware questions/OS questions.

Yeah, that's the nature of the beast with the free tests; as the saying goes: "You get what you pay for" lol icon_lol.gif.