So..I decided to change my career...Advice Please...

alexfoxalexfox Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
Thank you for your interaction in this topic...
http://www.techexams.net/forums/general-certification/68344-reality-your-experience-whats-your-opinion.html

Now I'm Thinking about Moving to CMA (Certified Management Accountant)...

What's Your Opinion?

Comments

• xenodamusxenodamus Member Posts: 758
    You're asking what we think about you becoming an accountant?

If that's your passion and what you want to do long term, I say go for it.
    CISSP | CCNA:R&S/Security | MCSA 2003 | A+ S+ | VCP6-DTM | CCA-V CCP-V
  • hex_omegahex_omega Member Posts: 183
  • lordylordy Member Posts: 632 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Well, the grass is always greener on the other side.

Do you really want to be an Accountant or do you just want to leave IT?
    If you want to be an Accountant then go for it. If you simply want change you might want to think again.

I myself am thinking about doing something else than IT but I haven't found my new passion yet so I am just gonna stick with it until I know (there are some options on the horizon though...).
    Working on CCNP: [X] SWITCH --- [ ] ROUTE --- [ ] TSHOOT
    Goal for 2014: RHCA
    Goal for 2015: CCDP
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Just find something you like and stick with it.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • alexfoxalexfox Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    xenodamus wrote: »
    You're asking what we think about you becoming an accountant?

If that's your passion and what you want to do long term, I say go for it.

I'm thinking about accounting because i want to make a good career for myself not because i love it...
    I love math and Management...
    lordy wrote: »
    Well, the grass is always greener on the other side.

Do you really want to be an Accountant or do you just want to leave IT?
    If you want to be an Accountant then go for it. If you simply want change you might want to think again.

I myself am thinking about doing something else than IT but I haven't found my new passion yet so I am just gonna stick with it until I know (there are some options on the horizon though...).

i have MCITP...
    but i didn't start in IT yet...
    and don't want to start in it...
    I want to choose another good career that doesn't make my life miserable like many people i know...
    I want a good career , a good life and a good future...
    blargoe wrote: »

I'm trying to discover a proper career that i will stick with it my whole life...
  • SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    alexfox wrote: »
    I'm trying to discover a proper career that i will stick with it my whole life...

That's something only you can decide on. It's solely dependent on you and your interests/personality.
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS
  • lordylordy Member Posts: 632 ■■■■□□□□□□

Maybe there is no such thing as a career for life. We are living in a fast-changing world so I wouldn't bet that we work in the same industry for all our life. Appreciate change, take chances, find out what you are really good at. The world will change, you will change but try to make the best out of it.
    Working on CCNP: [X] SWITCH --- [ ] ROUTE --- [ ] TSHOOT
    Goal for 2014: RHCA
    Goal for 2015: CCDP
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    blargoe wrote: »

+1 Truth
  • pham0329pham0329 Member Posts: 556
    I understand it if people ask for career advice like "should I get my CCNA" or "Should I take the helpdesk job"....but to ask whether we think it'd be a good idea for you to switch field and become an accountant? Really??

I don't mean to be rude, but rather than asking a bunch of strangers on the internet about what field you should go into, you should sit down and see what it is that you want to do 5 or 10 years from now.
    I want a good career , a good life and a good future...

You can have a good career in any field you choose, as long as you put in the time and effort.
  • rjs_essexrjs_essex Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
    pham0329 wrote: »
    You can have a good career in any field you choose, as long as you put in the time and effort.

Agree completely.

Also, when you strip it down to the bare bones, a person obtains a job for just two reasons.

1. Money
    2. Job satisfaction

Dependant on the job and the person the percentage split of these two things will differ vastly. I think the perfect job is an even 50/50 - i.e.: You are happy with the emotional and financial reward of the job you are in.

Richard
    WIP: 70-417, Security+, Project+, CCNA
  • MrRyteMrRyte Member Posts: 347 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm thinking about accounting because i want to make a good career for myself not because i love it...
    I understand the logic; but if you don't enjoy the job you do then you'll just be asking the same questions again down the road.icon_wink.gif
    NEXT UP: CompTIA Security+ :study:

Life is a matter of choice not chance. The path to your destiny will be paved by the decisions that you make every day.
    bluelgd wrote: »
    why can't do that accountant Job as long as you think this is a good change in your career.

I'm asking because I didn't decide to move yet
    I'm just thinking
    so
    what's your opinion ?
    MrRyte wrote: »
    I understand the logic; but if you don't enjoy the job you do then you'll just be asking the same questions again down the road.icon_wink.gif

That's what i'm afraid
    so, i'm asking