Options

Failed CCENT on Tuesday

ShanmanShanman Member Posts: 223
I failed my first cert exam. I got a 775 and needed a 804 to pass. This really sucks. I walked into the testing center thinking I was going to ace the test. I was wrong. I spent a fair amount of time on a sim question using different commands that didn't work with the simulator but would have gave me the answer I wanted. I finally got it and really started to watch the clock. I think I might have blown through to many easy questions trying to make up time. I am scheduling to take it again on Monday since this is the soonest I can take it. It just really sucks when I have prepared so well of this thing. I have a home lab that I lab on. I am also using Chris Bryant's CCNA course. I really thought I was ready. Hopefully I can get this thing done so I can move on to the second exam before school starts again.

Comments

• Options
    MrRyteMrRyte Member Posts: 347 ■■■■□□□□□□
    That's pretty much the same thing that happened to me....same score too.
    No matter; it's a hard test so don't feel bad if you failed. Just chalk it up to experience; review the topics that you need to improve on; take the exam again and pass with flying colors next time.icon_thumright.gif
    NEXT UP: CompTIA Security+ :study:

Life is a matter of choice not chance. The path to your destiny will be paved by the decisions that you make every day.
  • Options
    HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Same score here too. I went the opposite route and blew through it super quick however. I say give it a week or so, brush up on your low points, and go rock it. You can do it! icon_thumright.gif
    WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
    WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Consider this a very realistic practice exam. You should now have a better idea of what to expect next time -- and hopefully you've worked any "exam jitters" out of your system.

Back to the Books icon_study.gif and Lab -- and Good Luck with the rematch!! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    ccnaomkarccnaomkar Member Posts: 187 ■■□□□□□□□□
    which area u scored less
  • Options
    JohnnyBigglesJohnnyBiggles Member Posts: 273
    Same boat here. SUX having spent so much time & energy [and money] to feel on point and then fail.. it is the ultimate buzzkill... kind of depressing even. But just know there are sooo many others like you (and me) and get back on that horse and battle until you conquer all. My plans got jacked up because I was expecting to have the full CCNA by now and instead I'm still working on the damn CCENT.. but I came this far so there's no way I'm just giving up. Too much invested. Make it happen.
  • Options
    GreenLanternGreenLantern Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Just reschedule the test and study what you scored low on when you took the test. I got at 799 when I first took the exam I took it 10 days later and walked out with a 925. Good luck!
    In pursuit of CCNA:SECURITY; CCNP; THEN MCSE
  • Options
    Thank you for the kind words. The worst part of the exam for myself was the wireless portion. I have since focus my studies mostly on that part and believe I am ready for my rematch. Going to take it again in Monday. I really need this pass since it will count as a class for me. If all goes well I can start my studies on the ICND2 Tuesday night and be ready to tackle that one at the end of August. I can't wait to start the labs for the that one. I really enjoy playing with my home lab. I have 3x 2620xm and 2x 2950s. Now I want to get some layer 3 3550s and a access server. This is kinda addicting. :) Wish we had cisco at work instead of the HP pro curve line. I would love to go back to school with CCNA after my name :) considering this is 4th year.
  • Options
    Well I have my CCENT 2nd attempt on Monday at 5:30pm when I get out of work.

I have studied and studied. I don't know how much more I can prepare for this exam. Maybe I will erase everything in my rack and setup rip and a couple of vlans again. Please keep you fingers crossed for me. icon_study.gif
  • Options
    Ryan82Ryan82 Member Posts: 428
    Good luck on your second attempt. A lot of people underestimate the difficulty of the CCENT/CCNA. Though it's only an associate level exam, it's a difficult test. As others have recommended, hone in on the areas you scored least in and go knock that thing out of the park icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    alxxalxx Member Posts: 755
    Good luck!

You should be a bit more relaxed as you know what to expect.

Just curious which practise exams did you use ?

Bosun ?
    Goals CCNA by dec 2013, CCNP by end of 2014
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Shanman wrote: »
    Monday at 5:30pm
    Good Luck!! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    Thank you everybody. I just used a few online practice exams. This is mt second attempt so I guess that counts as a practice exam. Lol
  • Options
    well on the way to the testing center wish me luck
  • Options
    JamesFigueroaJamesFigueroa Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck pal! You got this!
  • Options
  • Options
    YuuYuu Member Posts: 17 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I passed! 899

Everyone with me now...icon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gif....

Congrats bro.

You certianly have given me confidence in myself to go for the test when i am ready to tackle it (am still in the infancy stage)

All the best for the future icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    jonragejonrage Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    good job!! i was pulling for you. i'm glad u passed. congrats!
  • Options
    Thank you :D Tomorrow I will be diving into ICND2 material. I can't wait for the fun stuff to start. I am itching to start setting up frame relay on my home lab :D:D:D
  • Options
    THA_DOCTHA_DOC Member Posts: 99 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I passed! 899
    Congrats!!! I am glad you hung in there and knock it out the second time. It gives me confident to see that you got so close and wer able to pass it the second time. I have plans to take my test next month and You let me know if I g . Drink Cold one, two or few.et close a little harder study and review this test IS Passable.
    An Open Mind, Working to Get IT!:cheers:

DOC
  • Options
    bigmantenorbigmantenor Member Posts: 233
    Congrats on joining the CCENT club!
  • Options
    yuddhidhtiryuddhidhtir Member Posts: 197 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congratsicon_cheers.gif
    “Satisfaction lies in the effort, not in the attainment; full effort is full victory.”
  • Options
    Now I just hope I can be ready for the ICND2 before school starts again.
  • Options
    MrRyteMrRyte Member Posts: 347 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Great to hear!

icon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gif

Congrats Shanman!icon_thumright.gif
    NEXT UP: CompTIA Security+ :study:

Life is a matter of choice not chance. The path to your destiny will be paved by the decisions that you make every day.
  • Options
    odysseyeliteodysseyelite Member Posts: 504 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Thank you :D Tomorrow I will be diving into ICND2 material. I can't wait for the fun stuff to start. I am itching to start setting up frame relay on my home lab :D:D:D

Congrats. It is fun stuff. Setting up OSPF was the other night, EIGRP is tonight.
    Currently reading: Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action