ccna or ccda certification

the ultimatethe ultimate Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
hi.....

i finished my ccna and ccnp one year back and was working as a networking faculty ,i choose this path because can learn and teach as well.
By the time i got so much interested by MPLS and started to take ccip batches.

Now i resigned and wants to study more . I selected CCDA because i hope i can complete this and can do better in DESIGN field.I collected study materials and started DESIGN 640-863.

Since i dint write any certifications i am totally confused wheather to write ccna>ccnp>ccip>ccda or straight to ccda....

please suggest me the better one for my futureicon_thumright.gif

your suggestions are most welcome:D

Comments

• ConstantlyLearningConstantlyLearning Member Posts: 445
    I'm confused, you said you finished ccna and ccnp. Are you CCNP or not?
    "There are 3 types of people in this world, those who can count and those who can't"
  • alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    ...i finished my ccna and ccnp...
    ...Since i dint write any certifications...

Which is it?
  • the ultimatethe ultimate Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm confused, you said you finished ccna and ccnp. Are you CCNP or not?

I finished the course not the exam......Now im planning to take the exam.... so... which one ccna>ccnp>ccip>ccda or straight to ccda>ccdp......
  • MT0911MT0911 Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    If I were you I would go:

1. CCNA
    2. CCDA
    3. CCNP
    4. CCIP

In my opinion, naturally you should cover the Associate level certs first then move up to the professional level.

But since you already took the courses for CCNA and CCNP; if the knowledge is still fresh in your mind you might want to take those two first then go for CCDA and lastly CCIP.
    CompTIA: A+, Network+, Security+
    Cisco: CCENT, CCNA, CCDA, CCNA: Wireless
    In Progress: CCNP
  • down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    MT0911 wrote: »
    If I were you I would go:

1. CCNA
    2. CCDA
    3. CCNP
    4. CCIP

In my opinion, naturally you should cover the Associate level certs first then move up to the professional level.

But since you already took the courses for CCNA and CCNP; if the knowledge is still fresh in your mind you might want to take those two first then go for CCDA and lastly CCIP.

I would actually recommend completing at least the SWITCH exam towards the CCNP before pursuing the CCDA unless you have a strong background in many of those topics.
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11
  • SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    down77 wrote: »
    I would actually recommend completing at least the SWITCH exam towards the CCNP before pursuing the CCDA unless you have a strong background in many of those topics.

+1 to this. CCDA topics do go over the normal CCNA level.
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS
  • MT0911MT0911 Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    down77 wrote: »

^ This wouldn't be a bad idea at all. CCDA does state that you should have atleast CCNA level knowledge before you begin studying because naturally it builds off of it. You could complete the SWITCH exam for CCNP prior and that would ultimately help you grasp the concepts in CCDA better but in my opinion you would be fine as well going into CCDA with CCNA level knowledge as long as you make sure you stay on top of your game learning the different objectives and studying "outside of the box" (which means possibly picking up the SWITCH book and running through it). But it all depends on what your preference is. Either way it could be done and either way it will be a challenge. Best of luck though icon_thumright.gif. Study hard! icon_study.gif
    CompTIA: A+, Network+, Security+
    Cisco: CCENT, CCNA, CCDA, CCNA: Wireless
    In Progress: CCNP
  • PsychoFinPsychoFin Member Posts: 280
    They actually even say you should have SWITCH level knowledge:
    There are no prerequisite certifications for CCDA, however knowledge at the CCNA level and the CCNP level for switching is needed to pass the CCDA exam.

I would probably do CCNP first as it would give you good in-depth knowledge that will be beneficial when considering network designs :)

As for materials, you should definitely read Top-Down Network Design - it's a great book!

Cheers,

Fin