Options

Top 10 IT Recruiter Catchphrases

I found this on an IT blog and thought I would share. Anyone who has ever had a conversation with a recruiter should find this pretty funny.

this has to be my favorite line, "I think “very senior” gets stuck in there because the last six yahoos that applied for the position couldn’t tell a packet from a Snickers bar."
Cisco Brat Blog

I think “very senior” gets stuck in there because the last six yahoos that applied for the position couldn’t tell a packet from a Snickers bar.

Luck is where opportunity and proper planning meet

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
Thomas A. Edison

Comments

• Options
    NOC-NinjaNOC-Ninja Member Posts: 1,403
    haha i always see that CCIE preferred but the pay is only 80k-90k. LOL
  • Options
    ZartanasaurusZartanasaurus Member Posts: 2,008 ■■■■■■■■■□
    shoots laser beams from his eyes at 100Gbps

Crap, I only do 20Gbps. icon_sad.gif
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
    Mastering VMWare vSphere 5​ 42.8%
  • Options
    NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Panzer919 wrote: »
    I found this on an IT blog and thought I would share. Anyone who has ever had a conversation with a recruiter should find this pretty funny.

this has to be my favorite line, "I think “very senior” gets stuck in there because the last six yahoos that applied for the position couldn’t tell a packet from a Snickers bar."

10. I wanted to reach out to you. Yes, obviously. We can all assume you didn’t “reach out” to me against your better judgement or under duress. I mean, maybe. There could have been someone standing there behind your chair, pistol pointed at the meatiest part of your skull, finger quivering on the hair trigger, breathing out threats against your life if you didn’t give me an electronic hug in the form of a LinkedIn message. But generally speaking, I think we can all see that the message itself is evidence of your desire.

I love this one haha

I worked with a recuiter and he would always say this when he wanted me to call him back about a job. I did this pc move job and the recruiter didn't always know when the moves where going to be so he would call everyone to see if they were on board for the schedule move or not. The phrase itself it somewhat annoying.
    Why can't they just say I'm calling you regarding x and y position?

There has to be a recruiting 10 commandments somewhere...
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor
  • Options
    ArmymanisArmymanis Member Posts: 304
  • Options
    djfunzdjfunz Member Posts: 307
    Yeah, I'm currently getting SPAM from Jared on Dice with jobs that "match" my skills like sweet matches dog doo.
    WGU Progress - B.S. IT - Completed
  • Options
    Panzer919Panzer919 Member Posts: 462
    djfunz wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm currently getting SPAM from Jared on Dice with jobs that "match" my skills like sweet matches dog doo.

Don't you just love that? My profile was filled with nothing but Cisco and Networking references yet some how I am being "matched" for BS Management positions. I had to create so many filters to keep the spam out of my inbox it wasn't even funny.
    Cisco Brat Blog

I think “very senior” gets stuck in there because the last six yahoos that applied for the position couldn’t tell a packet from a Snickers bar.

Luck is where opportunity and proper planning meet

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
    Thomas A. Edison