Options

any aix administrators?

joehalford01joehalford01 Member Posts: 364 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi,

We're getting ready to roll out an upgraded AIX box and disc subsystem with the latest version of AIX within the next year. Any good books on this topic or geared towards AIX specifically? Any tips? I'm familiar with Linux and AIX as a user but I'd really like to get more in depth after I finish the network+ exam. I'm not thinking about certifying in it, but I'd like to remove the "magic box" mystery going on in my head when it comes to this server. We're on version 5 right now, an old P series server.

Comments

• Options
    UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    I wish I could help you, but unfortunately I didn't get a chance to play with AIX yet, and the fact that I still can't use it on a VM machine is holding me back.

AIX uses LVM, so you can learn that on a Linux box.. unix.com is a good resource, check it out :)
    Hi,

We're getting ready to roll out an upgraded AIX box and disc subsystem with the latest version of AIX within the next year. Any good books on this topic or geared towards AIX specifically? Any tips? I'm familiar with Linux and AIX as a user but I'd really like to get more in depth after I finish the network+ exam. I'm not thinking about certifying in it, but I'd like to remove the "magic box" mystery going on in my head when it comes to this server. We're on version 5 right now, an old P series server.
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Learn GRC! GRC Mastery : https://grcmastery.com 

• Options
    Cool, I'll check that out. It seems like information on unix is lacking in comparison to other areas, especially AIX, it looks like a black hole of knowledge, lol. The only books I can find are the IBM produced books.
  • Options
    UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    Cool, I'll check that out. It seems like information on unix is lacking in comparison to other areas, especially AIX, it looks like a black hole of knowledge, lol. The only books I can find are the IBM produced books.

you are right, but once you get your hands-on on one flavor of UNIX, all of them will be easy. I stated with Solaris myself.
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Learn GRC! GRC Mastery : https://grcmastery.com 

• Options
    Good to know, thanks dude!