701 and 702 - Passed!

AU5AU5 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
812 on the 701 exam and 760 on the 702

I used Mike Meyer's test questions study guide: Total Seminars: Mike Meyers' Total Tester A+ Premium Practice Exams

I went through every practice set with a Notepad window open next to the testing app typing out the question and answer for any questions I wasn't comfortable with. The repetition really helped lock down some concepts. The Final tests on his software were a breeze after mastering the practice tests.

I also went out and picked up ExamCram's 1,000 question practice test book and literally crammed in as much as I could from Monday until this morning. I would definitely recommend this book (nothing but good test questions and scenarios): Amazon.com: CompTIA A+ 220-701 and 220-702 Exam Cram (5th Edition) (9780789747921): David L. Prowse: Books

It's really all about learning styles. I do much better with videos (I did use a few of Professor Messer's vids) and sample test questions w/ full explanations. Do whatever works for you, but I would highly recommend studying practice tests (not the free kind, those aren't always reliable)

Good luck to everyone taking A+ in the near future! Stay calm and think simple and practical.

On to Network+ - Any advice?

Comments

• DeathgomperDeathgomper Member Posts: 356 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratz!!!!

The only advice I got is to keep pressing forward with the Net+ if that's what you want.

You will find an array of videos for the Net+ like the A+ so get crackin'....Well celebrate first!!!!drunken_smilie.gif

Good Luck!!!
  • CareerChangeITCareerChangeIT Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I would skip the nework+ exam. I would def study for it to learn the material but spend the money on a microsoft exam. windows 7 etc... . I really don't see a lot of employers that require the network+ compared to A+ and other Microsoft certs...
  • SecuSecu Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□