Passed JNCIS-SP

Ryan82Ryan82 Member Posts: 428
Passed this exam today by the skin of my arse. For preparation I just attended the AJSPR course, used the Junos Intermediate Routing books, and the Junos service provider switching book. It would have been helpful to have spent some more time studying MPLS & VPN's prior to taking the exam but I had a free voucher so I decided to give it a shot.

Comments

• Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • PsychoFinPsychoFin Member Posts: 280
    Hey! Congrats man! That's awesome! :D Which SP book did you read?

Cheers,
    Fin
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats mate. Well done.

Whats up next for you?
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • mp9750mp9750 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats, way to go. Now time to nail down the JNCIP-SP!
  • Ryan82Ryan82 Member Posts: 428
    Thanks. The plan is to pursue the JNCIP-SP. Has anyone read QOS-Enabled Networks or the newest MPLS Enabled Applications books?

The Juniper COS and MPLS VPN's student guides are a little too pricey and I'm looking for a cheaper yet sufficient alternative while preparing for the JNCIP.

I may be able to find everything in the old Sybex books as well I suppose.
  • AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    icon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gif
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • PsychoFinPsychoFin Member Posts: 280
    Ryan82 wrote: »
    Thanks. The plan is to pursue the JNCIP-SP. Has anyone read QOS-Enabled Networks or the newest MPLS Enabled Applications books?

The Juniper COS and MPLS VPN's student guides are a little too pricey and I'm looking for a cheaper yet sufficient alternative while preparing for the JNCIP.

I may be able to find everything in the old Sybex books as well I suppose.

We just scored a copy of that QoS book for our department. Looks good so far. Will let you know once I've read more!
  • AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    congrats!
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
  • Ryan82Ryan82 Member Posts: 428
    PsychoFin wrote: »
    We just scored a copy of that QoS book for our department. Looks good so far. Will let you know once I've read more!

Great, thanks.