Scenario:
1. Password must be changed every 45 days
2. Users can change p/w immediately after they change their password once
3. Cant use the same p/w until at least 10 different p/w's are used

Answer:
min password age: 0
max password age: 45
Enforce password history: 10

I understand why the values 45 and 10 are needed where they are but dont understand how the value 0 satisfies the criteria for part 2 of the question

Any help appreciated
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    woodwormwoodworm Member Posts: 153
    Min Password Age stops someone from resetting their password 10 times (one after another) to get back to their current password.

So if min password age is = 1 - then they have to wait 1 day before they can reset it again, by having it set to 0 then they can reset their password as many times as they like in a day.
  • Options
    Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    Ally77 wrote:
    Can anyone explain the following question for me:

Scenario:
    1. Password must be changed every 45 days
    3. Cant use the same p/w until at least 10 different p/w's are used

Answer:
    min password age: 0
    max password age: 45
    Enforce password history: 10

I understand why the values 45 and 10 are needed where they are but dont understand how the value 0 satisfies the criteria for part 2 of the question

Any help appreciated
    Thanks

Minimum password age determines how many days a new password must be kept before the user can change it. This setting is designed to work with the Enforce password history setting so that users cannot quickly reset their passwords the required number of times, and then change back to their old passwords. The value of this setting can be between 0 and 999; if it is set to 0, users can immediately change new passwords. It is recommended that you set this value to 2 days.

This was taken from:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/technologies/directory/activedirectory/stepbystep/strngpw.mspx
    hope this helps..

Kenny
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA
  • Options
    Ally77Ally77 Member Posts: 212
    Thanks a lot, realised i have completely misread the question. After reading the replies n reading the questiona few more times i understand now