Cisco Preliminary Score report? huh?

itdaddyitdaddy Member Posts: 2,089 ■■■■□□□□□□
I have never read the Cisco preliminary report you know the fine print.
where it says the test is classified indeterminate if I get a score from equal to or greater than the passing score that cisco cannot certify you or something like that . What does that mean? Or better yet what would be the reasons?

I looked more into it ; well if they want me to take it over I can that no biggie I just hate tests! haahaha LOL

but it is pretty bad you have to be scared if you score too high or too fast in a certain time or whatever hahah!! ahah omg that is just crazy.

I am nervous already going into the exam cause i want to pass but then I have to make sure to hold back and not do too good! hahha hhaha that is crazy..but what I like about Cisco exams is they seem more real world. I mean yeah I can see how they try to trick you somewhat but I believe if you know the material you can just see the right or best answers....
I havent taken a cisco exam in 3 years and now they take your picture haha..But I can see how and why they do it working at the credit union, you see many drivers licenses that look really bad or dont even look like that person but
wow I have been under a rock tooo long. they actually have people take exams for other people wow! How stupid
what about getting to the job, can they really do the work then!?? oh well..

I really enjoyed CCNA-S and I can take it over if I have tooo. I really like the topics...very cool...

Comments

• mattlee09mattlee09 Member Posts: 205
    Indeed. I'm not sure that anyone knows what/how much verification they do, but one of those things that I wouldn't really care to find out...

I'm sure MS and other vendors/certifications have the same policies as well. Legally, should something ever pop up for whatever reason, you are certified only at their will.

Congrats by the way, I was just about to post in your pass thread icon_biggrin.gif
  • itdaddyitdaddy Member Posts: 2,089 ■■■■□□□□□□
    thanks man as it should be..I would do the same thing...it is only right by them...CCNA-s was really fun I was really happy to learn ZBF and VPNs..
    I have always wanted to learn that stuff and much much more about IPS was very cool
  • mattlee09mattlee09 Member Posts: 205
    itdaddy wrote: »
    thanks man as it should be..I would do the same thing...it is only right by them...CCNA-s was really fun I was really happy to learn ZBF and VPNs..
    I have always wanted to learn that stuff and much much more about IPS was very cool
    Agreed.

I'm getting kinda excited, hopefully I can finish ICND2 end of August/Mid September and get into CCNA-S or Voice...or Wireless. I like them all alot...lol. Hopefully I'll figure out which one I'm more interested in. It'd be nice to have time to do them all though. icon_lol.gif
  • itdaddyitdaddy Member Posts: 2,089 ■■■■□□□□□□
    yeah, I went CCNA-S cause I want to eventually get CCSP.
    Here at the Credit Union I work for we do tons of VPN stuff and tons of ZBF stuff..I am going to try to get another site setup with an ASA5510 with IPS module so can have another hot site just incase something happens to our mothership! :) I really enjoy my job now because I get access to everything. So as it goes I am 5x as careful.

When I was watching CBT Nuggets Jeremy has a great command line trick for when setting ACLs or anything remotely. He used the "reload in 5" command say for example you are ssh in and you change a ACL but it knocks your management out. then what??? in this way if you set the ACL and get locked out of your management you can still recover since the router or switch will reboot in 5 minutes and you are saved and you can get back in and retry..what a cool command and if the ACL worked and was fine you just say "reload cancel ". way cool...as long as you hit cancle you are goood but I wouild say reload in 10 that way you have time ;) but when I study I use many things like blogs, cisco sites, CBTnuggets, bryant advantage stuff, playing on my equipment with the same stuff...and breaking stuff..these exams are really to me based off of an indepth knowledge as they should cause some of the questions are tricky I think but I think Cisco exams are fair. though I really hate the test center. they always have crap computers and I was kind of disappointed in a sim I had on the exam it was really hard to read an very fuzzy looked like it was done in flash..but the great thing was I had good font size on my questions this time usally it is very small but the font size was way bigger plus I had gotten new glasses which really helped me. I have crap for eyes.and I didnt get many diagrams but I got alot of testlets. I dont like testlets...they are sometimes confusing but I passed and ready to move on and really study CCNP and study more CCSP stuff..

but I think a person takes a route they they feel which will benifit them. I know CCSP would be great for where I work since we have a mitel system and we do used MQC/QOs technques but getting a CCSP would be more benificial....but like I was saying try to use many things to study then break and mix your skilsets up and then you can handle anything the throw at you ;) good luck man!icon_study.gif
  • AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    First off, congrats on the pass! icon_cheers.gif

I remember when I took the CCNA a year or so ago and saw the same fine print. I agree that it's a little unnerving but if somebody doesn't **** then there is no need to worry. Still sucks to see the "PASS" and "ok, maybe you didn't pass" ...
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
  • jayskatajayskata Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    itdaddy wrote: »
    I have never read the Cisco preliminary report you know the fine print.
    where it says the test is classified indeterminate if I get a score from equal to or greater than the passing score that cisco cannot certify you or something like that . What does that mean? Or better yet what would be the reasons?

I looked more into it ; well if they want me to take it over I can that no biggie I just hate tests! haahaha LOL

but it is pretty bad you have to be scared if you score too high or too fast in a certain time or whatever hahah!! ahah omg that is just crazy.

I am nervous already going into the exam cause i want to pass but then I have to make sure to hold back and not do too good! hahha hhaha that is crazy..but what I like about Cisco exams is they seem more real world. I mean yeah I can see how they try to trick you somewhat but I believe if you know the material you can just see the right or best answers....
    I havent taken a cisco exam in 3 years and now they take your picture haha..But I can see how and why they do it working at the credit union, you see many drivers licenses that look really bad or dont even look like that person but
    wow I have been under a rock tooo long. they actually have people take exams for other people wow! How stupid
    what about getting to the job, can they really do the work then!?? oh well..

I really enjoyed CCNA-S and I can take it over if I have tooo. I really like the topics...very cool...

So that is what Prelim Score Report is for? Correct me if i'm wrong. Say for example you managed to finish the exam with 30mins left and you got a passing score (a high one), would they not consider your score valid? Man that sucks...
    Aldur wrote: »
    First off, congrats on the pass! icon_cheers.gif

I remember when I took the CCNA a year or so ago and saw the same fine print. I agree that it's a little unnerving but if somebody doesn't **** then there is no need to worry. Still sucks to see the "PASS" and "ok, maybe you didn't pass" ...

How can they tell if you cheated during the tests? What if you didn't **** and you got a high score and finish the xam kinda early would they suspect you of cheating w/out concrete basis???
  • TechGuy215TechGuy215 Member Posts: 404 ■■■■□□□□□□
    This is to prevent dumping...if you finish the exam within 15-20 minutes with a perfect score then it's most likely you dumped it. They most likely set a threshold for average completion time correlating to the final score.
    * Currently pursuing: PhD: Information Security and Information Assurance
    * Certifications: CISSP, CEH, CHFI, CCNA:Sec, CCNA:R&S, CWNA, ITILv3, VCA-DCV, LPIC-1, A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+, Project+, and many more...
    * Degrees: MSc: Cybersecurity and Information Assurance; BSc: Information Technology - Security; AAS: IT Network Systems Administration
  • spiderjerichospiderjericho Registered Users, Member Posts: 890 ■■■■■□□□□□
    jayskata wrote: »
    How can they tell if you cheated during the tests? What if you didn't **** and you got a high score and finish the xam kinda early would they suspect you of cheating w/out concrete basis???

I think the things you mentioned could be indicators for dubious test takers. I'm sure they have test metrics and what the norm is and what isn't.

I'd say someone who finished in 15 minutes should be flagged. 30 minutes maybe. 1000 and finished in 15 minutes, especially if there are simulations, simlets, drag and drops + Cisco's classic questioning = a China Tom practitioner but then again maybe they're that awesome. icon_wink.gif
  • EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    A lot of time is burnt in Cisco exams reading the questions and looking at topologies, they know it's impossible to finish the exam within a specific time no matter how good you are. But for people who dumped, the topologies and questions are familiar and hence its possible to finish early.
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$
    what do you guys mean when you say "they dumped the test?" I don't get it.
  • Cold TitaniumCold Titanium Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 82 ■■□□□□□□□□
    "what do you guys mean when you say "they dumped the test?" I don't get it."

It means they were a little ***** and memorized illegal copies of the exam that others have uploaded. Not only does this violate the test agreements it lowers the value of those certifications for the rest of us in the industry.
    2014 Goals
    • Pass OSCP (In Progress)
    • Obtain employment in IT Security
    "what do you guys mean when you say "they dumped the test?" I don't get it."

It means they were a little ***** and memorized illegal copies of the exam that others have uploaded. Not only does this violate the test agreements it lowers the value of those certifications for the rest of us in the industry.

There's no challenge into that kind of things...I don't find it self-fullfiling.