70-647 and 70-649 MCITP Boot Camp Next Week

So I am finally all paid for and have my hotel booked for my MCITP EA Upgrade Boot Camp. This is the first training course of this style I have taken before. I have mostly gotten certified through self study other than courses my employer has put me in before. I am really looking forward to the experience. Is it odd that 6 full days of 12 hour study sessions excites me? LOL

Anyway, my course included 680, 647, and 649. What experiences have you had with these tests? I know they have been updated recently to include R2 technologies. I am no noob to certifications, especially Microsoft, but can't help to be slightly intimidated by this workload....
Working on: Doctor of Information Technology Information Assurance and Security @ Capella

Comments

• novovictusnovovictus Member Posts: 192
    So no one here has taken the 649? lol
    Working on: Doctor of Information Technology Information Assurance and Security @ Capella
  • camaro684camaro684 Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Have not taken the 49 but taking the 70-647 tomorrow.
  • Todd BurrellTodd Burrell Member Posts: 280
    I have taken all 3 of these exams. 70-649 was not that bad, but the format makes it a real pain. You HAVE to pass all 3 parts and a couple only had 20 questions so you have little margin for error. I took this one twice and was happy to pass the second time. The questions were a pain and the format made it hard to get all three parts passed on the first try.

70-647 was absolutely brutal. The format is a pain and the material is very broad so you have to really know your stuff. I was VERY happy to pass this one - the testlets are very difficult and there is a great deal of worthless info in each testlet.

Both were updated with R2 material so you need to really know R2 material in detail.

Good luck...
    Passed 680 with a 754 in 45 min with 50 questions, 649 tomorrow....
    I passed the 647 with a 714. First I had 20 questions, then I had 5 testlets with 4 of them having 6 questions and one having 7. It was tough.

I failed the 649. I passed the Infra with a 790, and the Apps with 854, but failed AD with 458. I had 21 Q's on the first set, then 25 of the other two. The course only covered 643 material and not 640 or 642. I'm pretty good with AD from 2003, but it was all the new PSO, AD FS, RODC, etc stuff that bit me. I am rescheduled with my free retake for this Thursday.